2008 E60 523i M-sport uk. To buy or not to buy?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

drjas

Club Guest
hey guys, I'm a newbie here and i would love to join the UDM owners group :) I'm pondering if i should get the a 523i M sport uk spec yr 2008 LCI which is for sale. (in Kelantan). The colour and trim is just what i was looking for but it does not have Navi option as its not the SE version i guess. milage is 23k ( not sure if its clocked). Is buying a uk spec the right thing to do? worried bout the injector issues and consumption of engine oil which is being highlighted by other bros here. dilemma....hope u guys could spare me your 2 cents

Welcome to the club. The injector and HPFP might pose a problem in the long run but LCI engines does not have that "missing" engine oil problem. If you are worried, you can get N52 engines (local CKD or Japan specs) but they cost more too. With that extra money, you can actually use for repairs if sh!t really happens someday :) The choice is yours. For me, I opted for UK specs.

My pleasure :) All cars, engines would have their own problems and failure rate. Sometimes it's also about luck. You definitely won't go wrong with the BMW but always put aside some extra cash just in case.

drjas;741088 said:
hey guys, I'm a newbie here and i would love to join the UDM owners group :)
I'm pondering if i should get the a 523i M sport uk spec yr 2008 LCI which is for sale. (in Kelantan). The colour and trim is just what i was looking for but it does not have Navi option as its not the SE version i guess. milage is 23k ( not sure if its clocked). Is buying a uk spec the right thing to do? worried bout the injector issues and consumption of engine oil which is being highlighted by other bros here. dilemma....hope u guys could spare me your 2 cents

Drjas, welcome to the forum..just like u, i am also a newbie..bought a UK spec 523i LCI 07..basic spek, not even navi, not even xenon..but navi can be added at rm2500 inc multimedia interface, n another rm300 could get u reverse camera....suffiicient alrdy..Driving pleasure !!!! huwaaaa, Totally..it was an upgrade to me , from humble Myvi to 5siries..injector? engine oil? 6month alrdy, even on RON 95, no issue bro.!!

Go with 525i LCI with N52 engine if budget allow bro .. Confirm no regret : ) Especially at our NSHW !

Top Bottom