2003 E46 318i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nemo1

Club Guest
Just need confirmation from all the sifu here. The model in the picture is 2003 E46 318i. Its engine is N42 and this model is famous for BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop right?

Nemo1...for me ...my car is Banyak Masuk Wang...Bring more Wealth...as what I can see.

Anymore information about this car....whats the fuel consumtion like. Any comment is pretty much appreciated. What the disadvantage about this model?

Thank You very much.

I think around 23 sen per KM. I didn't really observed it but I put full tank...it can go up to 650km. Full tank around RM120. Put on full ...I can go back hometown ipoh from KL...go to Kuala kangsar....go back ipoh....and ronda ipoh town...and come back KL... and after reach KL still have around first bar left... :rock:

Haha..actually I am not that worried about the fuel consumption, worst case i'll just park the car at home and stare at it....hehe....its such a beauty....but its the maintainance that I am worried about. I heard from somewhere that this model has reliability issues....anyone has bad experience with this model?

Another question, for this model is it 2.0 or 1.9 cc. Some I see is written 318i and some has 318i and 2.0 at the other side of the boot. Anyone know which one is it?

Thanks guys

nemo1;322436 said:
Haha..actually I am not that worried about the fuel consumption, worst case i'll just park the car at home and stare at it....hehe....its such a beauty....but its the maintainance that I am worried about. I heard from somewhere that this model has reliability issues....anyone has bad experience with this model?

Another question, for this model is it 2.0 or 1.9 cc. Some I see is written 318i and some has 318i and 2.0 at the other side of the boot. Anyone know which one is it?

Thanks guys
looking at the pic u posted, its 2.0, if 1.9, u can see empty spaces when u open the hood (meaning the engine compartment is not compact/fully covered)

It's unfair to say the 2.0 is more unreliable compared to 1.9 E46, the most important is to do preventive maintenance instead of break down maintenance. Mine is E46 318 with that 2.0 on the other side (2002)....N42 engine exactly the same like in the pictures. But that one got sport steering...mine only the standard orang tua one. Expansion tank and water pump...please change it especially it's a 5 year old car. Check for any sludge when you open the engine oil filler cap. And please...dont wait until 25k km to service. 10k km from my experience is quite reasonable when using full synthetic oil. Fuel consumption....driving KL-Kuantan at 130-140km/h will use up about RM40 of fuel, about the same with Waja Auto actually.

First Off Thanks to Mouse and Zeedo.

Zeedo,

Want to ask you. Is it older version don't have the 2.0? How much it cost roughly to change the expansion tank and the water pump?

BTW, How can differentiate between jap and uk specs?

nemo1

yes this is N42 2.0. As for the information maintenance, why dont you go to the technical section of the forum and browse through the postings. you can find some good guides there.

BMW is BMW... bnyk makan wang la, bnyk masuk workshop la, not absolutely true. but then again... no pain no gain. learn about the car and the engine. do proper maintenance, don't just pay & drive.

if you want to check out the list of items and costs, i believe there is a running thread that folks update regularly.

planta

Bimmer......... oh............. bimmer

planta;322610 said:
nemo1

yes this is N42 2.0. As for the information maintenance, why dont you go to the technical section of the forum and browse through the postings. you can find some good guides there.

BMW is BMW... bnyk makan wang la, bnyk masuk workshop la, not absolutely true. but then again... no pain no gain. learn about the car and the engine. do proper maintenance, don't just pay & drive.

if you want to check out the list of items and costs, i believe there is a running thread that folks update regularly.

planta

Bro,

I agree..................no pain no gain, some people say BMW (bnyk makan wang) oklah not that bad. You can see much different from Jap cars.:top:

Top Bottom