10 months old E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by bimmerman@Apr 12 2006, 07:11 PM
RM340K!!!??? Keep your Volvo and buy yourself another house bro!!! Houses will only make you money in the long run. Sell the house in 10 years time for RM1Million and get the E60 M5 secondhand with spare change to spare. Maybe the spare change can even buy you another Volvo. :D
Spot on bimmerman

Originally posted by Excalibur@Apr 13 2006, 12:29 AM
Whahaha...no antidote to cure this poison man! evil you guys :D

Will see what my fren will have to say. He knows how calculate also given if he also monitor the recent price changes. I wanna see what kinda price he still wanna sell.
Have you made up ur mind?? What hv u decided??

He is counter offering me to take his, asking me how much I want? er, what you guys think? If I say ard 310k to 320k, it means ard 20% off from his ori purchase price.

Originally posted by Excalibur@Apr 21 2006, 06:00 AM
He is counter offering me to take his, asking me how much I want? er, what you guys think? If I say ard 310k to 320k, it means ard 20% off from his ori purchase price.
If I was in your situation I would make my decision based on this points;
- i have set aside a budget for this car, say $340 (initial offer price)
- would a discount/savings of $20 to $30K make me decide?

My answer would be NO.

I would make my decision based on whether I want a brand new 523 or a 2nd hand 525....taking into account all the additional goodies that come with the sparkling new 523, get to choose you number. longer warranty, car get used to YOU as the 1st and only driver, choice of your prefered Black colour, brand new smell (nothing beats this) and many many more.

I guess Ive stated my choice.

Friend...
Just my piece of advise as a newbie.. please get opinion from those who is driving E60.. I have seen none here.. So thing about it. Autobavaria is the best place to get advise...

Originally posted by bmwblack@Apr 27 2006, 02:02 PM
Friend...
Just my piece of advise as a newbie.. please get opinion from those who is driving E60.. I have seen none here.. So thing about it. Autobavaria is the best place to get advise...
Good intentions, but a bit flawed... A few E60 owners have chimed in their advise with the rest of the posts, and AB is certainly not the best place to get such advise... Has to do with motives behind the advise.

Originally posted by bmwblack@Apr 27 2006, 02:02 PM
Friend...
Autobavaria are a collection of idiots passing themselves off as mechanics/advisors/salepeople.

There's an e60 in the family, but I've chosen to keep mum because I think the advice that everyone else is giving is very sound.

Originally posted by Excalibur@Apr 11 2006, 01:47 AM
Hello fellow beemers! My first posting here. This is a wonderful forums.

A friend of mine offers me a 10 months old E60 525i, 2005, 192bhp at ard 340k. Is it a good deal?

Cheers!
hi there,

dun know how much the price have gone down in the last one month.. but someone i know just put a deposit for a RM320k 530d, 2004.. with 6 months AB warranty, and 1.5 yrs on the engine.. (new engine)..

so, at 340k for a 2005 525i? emm.. :unsure:

Yeah la..I understand what you mean. I think with new NAP structure, used cars price will go down again soon. I decided to let got the 525 that my friend offer. So now no rush to go into new 523 or 525 yet :D

Originally posted by bimmerman@Apr 12 2006, 07:11 PM
RM340K!!!??? Keep your Volvo and buy yourself another house bro!!! Houses will only make you money in the long run. Sell the house in 10 years time for RM1Million and get the E60 M5 secondhand with spare change to spare. Maybe the spare change can even buy you another Volvo. :D
That's sound advice. Excalibur, your Volvo S40 2.4 is still quite new. If you sell it, you'll lose quite a bit on depreciation. And that will negate whatever saving you may achieve from buying a used E60 M54 525i.

Cars are expensive, and they'll never make you money. You know that! You don't need anyone to tell you to go buy a house, or put your money in some blue chip investments!

ALWAYS buy and run the car that you can COMFORTABLY afford, period.

Originally posted by The Necessary@May 4 2006, 05:21 PM
Cars are expensive, and they'll never make you money. You know that! You don't need anyone to tell you to go buy a house, or put your money in some blue chip investments!

ALWAYS buy and run the car that you can COMFORTABLY afford, period.
well said :eek:k:

Excalibur,

If can afford few hundred more per month on installment,
GO FOR brand new 2006 525i M-Sport. 218hp

The M-sport kit would cost you more than 40K to retrofit.
Even then it will be difficult to retrofit some parts eg. Sport steering , Leather seat,
Sport suspension.

Top Bottom