08 GS Clutch Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lone Wolf Malaysia

Club Guest
Hope u dont mind i am sharing my recent experience with auto bavaria glenamrie.I got a problem my gs1200 clutch - it tend to slip whenever i hit the throttle. Its a pretty new bike which was purchased in June 2008. Auto Bavaria Glenmarie told me that its due to wear and tear. Yeah sure, just because the motorrad manager there was so lazy to do the paperwork (i heard that warranty claim will require a lot of paperwork need to be done first).In the first place, aint it suppose to be a rugged bike ? and also why is that only mine and a fren of mine (adventure) bikes having this problem ? Even my other fren vulcan clutch lasted for more than 13 years.Auto Bavaria - where is your business ethics ? It aint abt the monies (RM4000 to fixed the bike clutch) - this is like daylight robbery ….

First get AB Glenmarie service manager to give you in writing that the cluth failure is due to wear and tear after 9 months and xx,xxxkm mileage.

Once you get it in writing, you should know what to do with it. It is easier to justify your claim later.

CUT AND PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD ...substandard service ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastly
Hi,

I hv been informed abt. this issue while i'm in Munich last 3 days. And yesterday I had a session with AG's After Sales Area Manager bout this. I can promise you that I will do my best to help - but only up to the fairness. If it is a quality issue, I will do the necessary.

will keep you update.

cheers from Munich.

Fazly - hope you have a safe trip.

I thank you for your assistance and support. I really do hope BMW Germany will look into the matter favorably, failure which, Auto Bavaria will hear it from my lawyer.

This is not a threat - who am i to fight BMW .

For your info and also for the record - when Auto Bavaria replaced the clutch they also replaced my rear brake pads. I pick up the bike from Glenmarie workshop on 23/3/09.

GUESS WHAT - YESTERDAY (26/3/09), AFTER A DAY RIDING IN THE RAIN AND SOME HARD BRAKING - THE REAR CLIPPER GOT LOOSE WHILE I AM RIDING THE BIKE AND I DIDNT KNOW ABT IT TILL I GOT HOME. THANKS GOD THAT I DIDNT GET INTO AN ACCIDENT.

This morning (27/3/09), I showed the brake calliper to Garry and Nik. Garry took some pictures of it AND PROMISED TO REPLACE 1. THE BRAKE CALLIPER, 2. AXLE (due to scratches all over the place from the loose caliper) and 3. THE REAR WHEEL RIM (dented).

THEY PROMISED TO REPLACE ALL THE ABOVE PARTS IN TWO WEEKS TIME ie latest by 15th April 2009.

What is wrong with you guys - we are talking abt people life here. This has gone too far.

regards

Lone Wolf Malaysia;408207 said:
CUT AND PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD ...substandard service ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastly
Hi,

I hv been informed abt. this issue while i'm in Munich last 3 days. And yesterday I had a session with AG's After Sales Area Manager bout this. I can promise you that I will do my best to help - but only up to the fairness. If it is a quality issue, I will do the necessary.

will keep you update.

cheers from Munich.

Fazly - hope you have a safe trip.

I thank you for your assistance and support. I really do hope BMW Germany will look into the matter favorably, failure which, Auto Bavaria will hear it from my lawyer.

This is not a threat - who am i to fight BMW .

For your info and also for the record - when Auto Bavaria replaced the clutch they also replaced my rear brake pads. I pick up the bike from Glenmarie workshop on 23/3/09.

GUESS WHAT - YESTERDAY (26/3/09), AFTER A DAY RIDING IN THE RAIN AND SOME HARD BRAKING - THE REAR CLIPPER GOT LOOSE WHILE I AM RIDING THE BIKE AND I DIDNT KNOW ABT IT TILL I GOT HOME. THANKS GOD THAT I DIDNT GET INTO AN ACCIDENT.

This morning (27/3/09), I showed the brake calliper to Garry and Nik. Garry took some pictures of it AND PROMISED TO REPLACE 1. THE BRAKE CALLIPER, 2. AXLE (due to scratches all over the place from the loose caliper) and 3. THE REAR WHEEL RIM (dented).

THEY PROMISED TO REPLACE ALL THE ABOVE PARTS IN TWO WEEKS TIME ie latest by 15th April 2009.

What is wrong with you guys - we are talking abt people life here. This has gone too far.

regards

Hello Lone Wolf,

I had stumbled upon your complaint in some other site with regards to the clutch problem. That problem, could be, i said could be, attributed to you. Your wonderful GS has dry clutch and feathering the clutch too often and too long (like instructed in the 'Ride like a Pro series by Motorman Palladino') will burn the clutch easy, unlike wet clutch. Hence it could be *normal wear and tear. *normal here means if you treat it wrongly, too much too long feathering of clutch for instance, it will fail you faster.

However, on the part of your rear brake calliper gone loose. Whoaaa this is terrible. A very real risk to live and limb. Very unlike BMW. Appreciate if you could post us the update of your incident. Have they changed them? What did they say the possible reason was?

Top Bottom