WTB - My First UDM..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

M-performance

Club Guest
Hi All,

I am planning to buy my very first BMW.

I am looking for something that's classic yet modern at the same time. I have my eyes caught on E46 and E39. I have been looking for them for some time too, if I am honest..

So, if anyone happens to let go their well maintained E46 or E39 (preferably M sport facelifted model, dual vanos, 2.5 liter engine and above), do let me know!

E46 M3 (Manual) is welcome too!

Thanks in advance!

If you're looking at M sport E46 or E39s, they'll be asking around 50k+++ (depending on condition etc...). Based on your requirement, 2.5 litre and above, it'll be either E46 325 or 330 M Sport, E39 525 or 530 M Sport. Both E46 and E39 are sharing the same M54B25 and M54B30 engines which are double vanos. Then for the E46, you have 3 body choices, sedan, coupe or convertible. Depends on whether you want a small 3 series or a bigger executive 5 series. 2.5 litres in a E46 3 series is rather potent and the 3.0 litre mill makes it a powerful small rocket. 2.5 litre on the other hand in a E39 5 series feels heavier and needless to say, a 3.0 litre makes it much better. Choice is ultimately yours.

But you mentioned E46 M3, those are going for around 120k+++ today. Look around the forum for more info. Good luck with your hunt!

i am letting go my 318i e36 for rm15k only
car comes with lots of goodies.....M42iS engine, front and rear bonnets are CF, breyton 17" rims, e60 fold up side mirrors, 330i brake kits, Mtech seats, AC Schnitzer gear knob, AC Schnitzer seatbelt pads, etc

Tom328 said:
If you're looking at M sport E46 or E39s, they'll be asking around 50k+++ (depending on condition etc...). Based on your requirement, 2.5 litre and above, it'll be either E46 325 or 330 M Sport, E39 525 or 530 M Sport. Both E46 and E39 are sharing the same M54B25 and M54B30 engines which are double vanos. Then for the E46, you have 3 body choices, sedan, coupe or convertible. Depends on whether you want a small 3 series or a bigger executive 5 series. 2.5 litres in a E46 3 series is rather potent and the 3.0 litre mill makes it a powerful small rocket. 2.5 litre on the other hand in a E39 5 series feels heavier and needless to say, a 3.0 litre makes it much better. Choice is ultimately yours.

But you mentioned E46 M3, those are going for around 120k+++ today. Look around the forum for more info. Good luck with your hunt!
Hi Tom328,

Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm aware of the things that you said. I'm a practical guy, 4 doors saloon would be my first choice, but wouldn't mind considering 2doors.

I just want a long haul cruiser with decent amount of power and space, and of course with awesome look, ride and handling.. I'm currently driving a little rocket which is excellent on short distance/ city driving, but a bit cramp in the rear seats for long distance journey.

Do keep me posted if anybody wants to let go their well maintained UDM.. Thanks in advance!

boyburhan said:
i am letting go my 318i e36 for rm15k only
car comes with lots of goodies.....M42iS engine, front and rear bonnets are CF, breyton 17" rims, e60 fold up side mirrors, 330i brake kits, Mtech seats, AC Schnitzer gear knob, AC Schnitzer seatbelt pads, etc
Hi Boyburhan,

Thanks for that.. I'm looking for something that's a little bit more powerful.. Nice ride you have there!

M-performance said:
Hi Tom328,

Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm aware of the things that you said. I'm a practical guy, 4 doors saloon would be my first choice, but wouldn't mind considering 2doors.

I just want a long haul cruiser with decent amount of power and space, and of course with awesome look, ride and handling.. I'm currently driving a little rocket which is excellent on short distance/ city driving, but a bit cramp in the rear seats for long distance journey.

Do keep me posted if anybody wants to let go their well maintained UDM.. Thanks in advance!
If that's the case, you'd want an E39. Decent amount of power depends on you, space would be adequate at the back for long hauls and the E39 ride and handling is good. If i remember correctly, it was number 8 out of 50 in Top Gear's recent Anniversary Edition when compared to all the other cars, despite its age. Good luck with your hunt!

Tom328 said:
If that's the case, you'd want an E39. Decent amount of power depends on you, space would be adequate at the back for long hauls and the E39 ride and handling is good. If i remember correctly, it was number 8 out of 50 in Top Gear's recent Anniversary Edition when compared to all the other cars, despite its age. Good luck with your hunt!
Top Gear's 8 our of 50? That's something, but i believe they are referring to the no-nonsense M5.. :)

It's not easy to get one Original Msport E39 though. There was one, very well maintained one, but the price was way out of my budget..

Don't hesitate to contact me if anyone is selling their beloved Msport E39 or E46.. Thanks!

You're one true Top Gear fan!
My advice, don't take their comments too seriously.. Treat it as a half-motor-half-entertainment show instead..
Even the Fiat Multipla is in top 50, see what I mean? :)

please PM me if you are interested to buy a super condition E46 318i Year 2002. Selling my car. Genuine mileage. Engine & GB in 1st class condition. No oil leak and never need to top up engine oil. Full service records with one workshop only.

Hi all BMW sifus,

I finally have some time to start seeking for my very first BMW.

Last weekend, I went to test a decent condition E39 530i, year 2002. The car was solid, smooth, comfortable, and quiet. All is well, despite the interior, which was not so clean (to my standard), but that is not my concern as it can be cleaned.

There is however, one big issue which boggles me quite a bit:

I felt that the car is a bit sluggish in term of acceleration with 4 people on board. I tried driving the car at all rev range I can during the test drive and it just didn't feel like 300Nm torque to me. It feels that it is slower as compare to the Civic FD 2.0. I'm not too sure what went wrong, all I know is that the owner has never changed the Vanos seals since day 1 he got this car 8 years back (AP imported from Japan, the car has done around 100,000 km). I have read a lot about Vanos related information, a lot of members suggested to change Vanos seals every once in a few years will bring the engine back to optimum performance.

I need some advices from all BMW sifus, who own E39:
1. Is it normal that the E39 530i is sluggish in term of acceleration? I hope it's not.
2. Could it be cylinders lost of compression? I didn't manage to check the compression of the cylinders.
3. Or is it because the engine is not in healthy condition?
4. Would Vanos seals change and Vanos service bring the engine back to life?
5. What other things should I look for?

I really like the way the E39 looks, but the performance of the 3L engine disappointed me quite a bit. I hope it is possible to bring the engine back to optimum performance and doesn't hurt my pocket so much.

Appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks in advance!

hey bro..

pls visit vixxx customs or pm vixxx here bro. he is the guy for e39 and his immaculate ride its for sale too .. good luck..

unstopables_7 said:
hey bro..

pls visit vixxx customs or pm vixxx here bro. he is the guy for e39 and his immaculate ride its for sale too .. good luck..
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the post, great car with manual conversion, but it's far beyond the amount that i would like to pay for E39.

M-performance said:
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the post, great car with manual conversion, but it's far beyond the amount that i would like to pay for E39.
Chief.. just like u I also was one who contemplated to buy my first UDM and proud to say, mine is a E39 - UK Spec.... :rock:

However. u must know, buying from a second hand dealers (lime your truly) was a very painful but a very good learning experience, end day you got to invest to build it back to its great years.. ask anyone of us whom bought it from a dealer.. the story is the same and we can already preampt you whats to come.

If you want the safe side.. best buy from someone whom has built it back.. don't take the risk from a 2nd hand dealer. PM me your number.. we'll be happy to tag you along one of our TT sessions, for you to learn more.

DragonBoy said:
Chief.. just like u I also was one who contemplated to buy my first UDM and proud to say, mine is a E39 - UK Spec.... :rock:

However. u must know, buying from a second hand dealers (lime your truly) was a very painful but a very good learning experience, end day you got to invest to build it back to its great years.. ask anyone of us whom bought it from a dealer.. the story is the same and we can already preampt you whats to come.

If you want the safe side.. best buy from someone whom has built it back.. don't take the risk from a 2nd hand dealer. PM me your number.. we'll be happy to tag you along one of our TT sessions, for you to learn more.
Hi.. I've sent you a pm. We can chat over there in private.

To be clear, the one that I tested was a sale of direct owner, not from secondhand dealers. My question is that whether the one that i tried is a good representation of how all E39 530i should feel like or it has been losing power.

Are you driving a E39 530i? care to share some of your experiences?

Cheers..

Top Bottom