WTB HALF CUT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wan520i

Club Guest
HELLO ALL BROTHERS OUT THERE,I am looking for a half cut for my car...please help to provide info whereabout I can get cheap, good condition,low mileage half cut.. :) By the way, any comments about my project? I am converting mine manual 1990/520/12V to auto/525/24V/vanos ? Any Do's and Dont's? Pros & Cons? :dunno: Must I use back the vanos ori exhaust system? can I use back my manual gear box? Awaiting for your ideas/comments...Many THANKS.... :wink:

e34 525i single vanos halfcut about 8K & above...

About the gear box... some people say can, come people say cannot...

but i don't think can.... maybe u can consult mr. teejay... :p

don't play play arrrr.....

Just my 2 kupang... thanks

i hear my name mention........hmmmmm

if you use back your current gbox.......

pros
1.save cost
2.have confidence in its condition
3.can use back longshaft

cons
1.have to fabricate mounting as it will tilt 10% clockwise
2.have to fabricate links,from gbox to shifter, as it will tilt 10%
3. tendency of alignment will affect longshaft and linkages, but if done proper should be perfect
4.gbox will may have a short lifespan, as the 520 gbox has nominal input torue value of 240 Nm only, 2.5L will be somehwere in the range of 250-260Nm

these are my tots and advise, but don't take my every word as god's word, please do more research and get other's opinion, in the end of the day, it's your car, you drive it, so you make the decision, and hope it will be a wise one with the help of the forum

good luck

THANKS to KiNaKa & teejay for your replies...

Any comment about exhaust system..?

Originally posted by wan520i@Sep 11 2005, 10:58 PM
THANKS to KiNaKa & teejay for your replies...

Any comment about exhaust system..?
U can't use it back...have to change to M50 525 exhaust system....If i'm not wrong...

Teejay,
wah.. like this also can hear ar.... sure or not.... haha

Wan,
you have to use back ur M50 exhaust....
if ur m50 halfcut didn't come with the exhaust manifold..Don't worry... u can always order from Mr. Calvin Tan.. JPSsss ohh...

dude,

thirst for power will never ends :D :D

hope to find your engine soon. nice meeting u ......

regards

LipisBimmer

anyone seen or found a half car cut from a 97/98 e36 m3?
preferably with all the parts intact?
please contact me if there are any info

thanks

If you want a simpler conversion, just do a M20B25 conversion, it will be more or less a straight drop in as the M20B20 and M20B25 uses almost all common parts and wiring.

Reuse back the existing manual gbox but may look into changing the rear diff if you want better FC. The M20B20 ratio will give you good acceleration but poorer top speed. Don't bother going for auto coz you'll complain its sluggish in no time with the M20's.

If got extra moolahs then also upgrade to superchip, extractor, freeflow exhaust, cams, etc.

If got really a lot of extra moolahs, then forget the M20's keep hunting for that M50 preferbly double vanos. :D Nothing beats the refinement and power of the M50's if compared to the M20's. :p

Top Bottom