[wta]power steering pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chetz

Club Guest
Hi sifu's and brothers.. Recently i make a rough U turn on a rough surface and suddenly there's a loud noise coming from the right front side of the car.. steering become heavy and there's heavy vibration also.. so i drove back slowly.. it goes ok when driving in straight line.. but a loud noise when i steer to right or left.. did any of forum member here ever experience this problem?At first i though my tire burst.. but everything seems fine.. there's no warning / check lamp light on the panel.. since it's still raya holiday my regular w'shop still closed till next week.. hope to hear your reply.. thank you.

Could be just the power steering fluid is low. Have you checked the reservoir yet?

mine have the same problem few month ago. theres one mechanic said steering pump kaput..but at last i'm going to another shop, they just check the reservoir..and problem solve..just put some oil..

hakim_radzuan;563140 said:
mine have the same problem few month ago. theres one mechanic said steering pump kaput..but at last i'm going to another shop, they just check the reservoir..and problem solve..just put some oil..

checked it today~ foreman said power steering pump kaput also.. how to know it's kaput or not? quoted new poser steering pump RM1.6K :20: hope it's the same situation like u bro..

anyone knows how to see weather the power steering pump kaput or not?

chetz;564243 said:
checked it today~ foreman said power steering pump kaput also.. how to know it's kaput or not? quoted new poser steering pump RM1.6K :20: hope it's the same situation like u bro..

Our member bimmer73 recently purchased a used power steering pump from chop shop for RM200. He opened up the old pump and found a couple of worn out seals. He decided to replace all the seals (altogether 7 pcs) and purchased 7 seals at Jalan Ipoh for RM3.50. Yes, that is correct RM3.50 for 7 pcs.

herbert;564275 said:
Our member bimmer73 recently purchased a used power steering pump from chop shop for RM200. He opened up the old pump and found a couple of worn out seals. He decided to replace all the seals (altogether 7 pcs) and purchased 7 seals at Jalan Ipoh for RM3.50. Yes, that is correct RM3.50 for 7 pcs.

thanx for the info.. i should ctc and ask bimmer73, hopefully it can be save.. thank you.

chetz;564243 said:

try call Tan from autobhan sunway..i check with him. 60163327687

chetz;564321 said:
thanx for the info.. i should ctc and ask bimmer73, hopefully it can be save.. thank you.

I will pm you bimmer73 mobile number and give him a call and see whether he can repair your pump.

hakim_radzuan;564326 said:
try call Tan from autobhan sunway..i check with him. 60163327687

herbert;564335 said:
I will pm you bimmer73 mobile number and give him a call and see whether he can repair your pump.

thank you for all the supports guys.. i've decided to take leave tomorrow and do some survey.. hoping for some good news.. thank you..

I think a brand new power steering pump is no more than RM1k. Try checking with Bavarian Auto before you commit.

for my model quoted by AB 1.4k, chop shop not sure.. couldn't find one yet.. may spend sometime looking around tomorrow.. will keep it posted.. and special thank to Herbert and Bimmer73 with his brief explaination..

There's 2 different model of pumps for the E46 and both are manufactured by LUK. The newer generation uses LF-20 while the older generation uses LF-30. I've read from numerous forums and BMW themselves recommend users of LF-20 to migrate back to LF-30 pump. They are more reliable. However, do note you need to purchase an additional hose to fit the LF-30 pump for those who are using the LF-20.

bro chetz,
when u said loud noise..
does it sounds like metal on metal knocking?

thanks.

Power steering pump making noises now. Was quoted by BA SS2 RM960 for new pump. Half cut shops selling RM450. Was surprised a new one that cheap 'cause even the mech said costs RM1.5k.

wingzee;741496 said:
Power steering pump making noises now. Was quoted by BA SS2 RM960 for new pump. Half cut shops selling RM450. Was surprised a new one that cheap 'cause even the mech said costs RM1.5k.

Don't buy second hand steering pump as it won't last. New LUK power steering pump from Bomin Auto Trading only RM 850. Also remember to replace the power steering reservior/filter (RM 80.00) and ask your mechanic to flush out the old power steering oil and replace with new oil.

Herbert;741669 said:
Don't buy second hand steering pump as it won't last. New LUK power steering pump from Bomin Auto Trading only RM 850. Also remember to replace the power steering reservior/filter (RM 80.00) and ask your mechanic to flush out the old power steering oil and replace with new oil.

Hmm looks like Bomin parts are much cheaper compared to BA? Thanks for the advice Herbert. Appreciate it.

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.

Same to me since I bought it last fees
Years ago.
It should solved it after replace the
Steering Rack(Secondhand)

Top Bottom