Worth it? 320i 2002/07

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcrave

Club Guest
I currently deciding to buy this and it is my first time on a BMWSpecs:M-Sport 320i E46 ?Mileage 140 000 - 149 9992002 reg 2007Price 90KBody Condition:Minor scratches on lower doors (i think from passenger movement)Minor scratches on trunk rear bumper topPossible small accident on lower left M sport side skirt (got small screw on the body kit just behind front left wheel)apparent peel off on rear left wheel lipAll 4 Wheel have significant scratches on them (lady owner cornering bad?)Engine is clean no dents on visible car chassisBefore and after start there is no red warning lights (even the seat belt sign? broken?)Engine at idle is very smooth and even during test driveTried to turn steering at full and it is very smooth (ive hear problems on the arm bush or something from others how to detect?)No oil leak on floor before or after test driveI went to test drive... got feeling a bit under power maybe its common for 2.0? Steptronic is very good response (drop gear or up gear even)All and all a good rough inspection for me...i guess Now the question is... isit worth RM90K?Are there any problem that i really need to know and check for?What will be the cost and where to do checkup in Kota Kinabalu(if anyone from here)?-on budgetWhat will be the first step to do when buying a second hand car for BMW specific... what to look at? \Sorry if there is a thread somewhere that explains all.. the forum is too massive and half of the things i dont understand :)Thx sifu

xcrave;582210 said:
I currently deciding to buy this and it is my first time on a BMW

Specs:
M-Sport 320i E46 ?
Mileage 140 000 - 149 999
2002 reg 2007

Price 90K

Body Condition:
Minor scratches on lower doors (i think from passenger movement)
Minor scratches on trunk rear bumper top
Possible small accident on lower left M sport side skirt (got small screw on the body kit just behind front left wheel)
apparent peel off on rear left wheel lip
All 4 Wheel have significant scratches on them (lady owner cornering bad?)

Engine is clean no dents on visible car chassis

Before and after start there is no red warning lights (even the seat belt sign? broken?)

Engine at idle is very smooth and even during test drive

Tried to turn steering at full and it is very smooth (ive hear problems on the arm bush or something from others how to detect?)

No oil leak on floor before or after test drive

I went to test drive... got feeling a bit under power maybe its common for 2.0?

Steptronic is very good response (drop gear or up gear even)

All and all a good rough inspection for me...i guess

Now the question is... isit worth RM90K?

Are there any problem that i really need to know and check for?

What will be the cost and where to do checkup in Kota Kinabalu(if anyone from here)?-on budget

What will be the first step to do when buying a second hand car for BMW specific... what to look at? \

Sorry if there is a thread somewhere that explains all.. the forum is too massive and half of the things i dont understand :)

Thx sifu

kindly intro yourself in newbies section before your posting.

cheers
chili e30
committee

Sorry bro, I am not a sifu myself, but during my BMW hunting, i figured that for e46, for RM90k, you should be able to nego some more :)

@Monarza... yeah i guess so... maybe anyone is selling their beloved 3 series...

want to own one second hand great condition ... facial off a bit still ok as long the machine is functioning :)

Budget below 80K actually so i can maintain it if not laterhard for life :p

Top Bottom