WKN 6320

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
Hi,

I saw this E46 318i 2.0 at a used car dealer in Jalan 225. Does anyone know anything about this car?

Interior looks super. However engine a bit more noisy than what I saw in other cars. Also some white smoke coming out the exhaust. What is the reason?

Anyone know how I can get the VIN number from the licence plate number so I can check the specs online?

If it just rained, it usually disappears after the car warms up. But, if even after car is warmed up, white smoke still appears, it's not a good sign. The thicker the white smoke, the more bad the condition of the engine.

Cant recall if its a member's car bro.

Noise fm the engine is actually the valve lifters, which is common for n42 engines (assuming yours is) as it ages. it can be dampen by using an additive (a little less obvious).

you can look out for VIN on the strut mount, can't remember if its on the driver side or otherwise. the last 7characters of the long numbers/alphabet. nope license plate can't get u those details, except from JPJ, which is not that much.

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
If it just rained, it usually disappears after the car warms up. But, if even after car is warmed up, white smoke still appears, it's not a good sign. The thicker the white smoke, the more bad the condition of the engine.
Actually it was raining, but the car is in covered area. It is not a lot of smoke but still makes me wonder if there is any problem.

Top Bottom