wht's with the blue and white BMW logo?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tony5050

Club Guest
hi guys,can anyone verify the meaning or what is it BMW try to show with their rounded blue and white colour diagonally seperated logo? :lol:

Cos it was the easiest logo to come out with and the designer only had the color blue and white at the moment. :blush:

Urrrr, white for the clouds and blue for the sky? :blush: :blush:

i think it is supposed to be the airplane propeller in motion, ie the white is supposed to be the blade of the propeller turning at high speed and the blue is the sky :D

Spot on C-square! :yahoo:

They were into aeroplane engines before cars...

i think it's ingenious! :yes!:

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Sep 26 2005, 03:36 PM
Cos it was the easiest logo to come out with and the designer only had the color blue and white at the moment. :blush:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

they actually came from the same designer who had only black, yellow and red to work with when commissioned by ze German Govt. :lol:

Originally posted by c-square@Sep 26 2005, 02:54 AM
i think it is supposed to be the airplane propeller in motion, ie the white is supposed to be the blade of the propeller turning at high speed and the blue is the sky :D
abuthen... :rolleyes:

guys,

hehhe...ya, c-square got it right exactly. heheh...just wanna make sure what i got from the tour guide during the germany BMW factory visit was correct, cos he looked like joking :lol:
cool guys..

Bavarian Motor Works
Not many people actually know what BMW stands for but they know what it represents, the highest quality and performance available in an affordable luxury car. Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW) was founded on 7th March 1916 and incorporates Otto-Werke. BMW acquires the BFW plant in 1922, but considers the creation of BFW its foundation date. On 21st July 1917, Rapp-Motorenwerke was renamed Bayerische Motoren Werke. The ongoing war meant that the small company grew quite quickly, and built a spacious plant right next to the Oberwiesenfeld airfield in Munich and continued to build engines for army planes until 1918. BMW bought the Eisenach automobile plant, where the Austin Seven was successfully produced under the name "Dixi 3/15 PS". This vehicle was developed and was sold to the public in 1929 as the BMW 3/15 PS DA 2 with a range of different body shells.

The BMW logo is the symbol of a white propeller blade against a blue sky. It reflects the origins of BMW as a maker of military aircraft engines during the First World War.

Originally posted by nikazwaa@Sep 26 2005, 08:58 PM
Try imagining it with any other color... hmmm
there are a few carbon-fibre coloured ones running around town. Looks good-man :yes:

Originally posted by c-square@Sep 28 2005, 11:08 AM
Bugger... how u know of my collection? It takes one to know one ;)
Ah-Cheong-ster
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note, could we stick to the topic please.. :p

Found this while surfing the net.....interesting.... ;) guess it gives us all a very strong clue as to where the colours originate from huh? BMW's logo was formed on 3 March 1916. BMW only launched its first car in July 1929 marking 76 years of excellent Bayerische Motoren Werke. :D

It is also the colour of the Bavarian State Flag. Tour guide told me when i was there in July. Never seen so many bimmers in a day before. :)

Top Bottom