which E39 model come with black color deskboard than wooden? i dont like wooden

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dave2020

Club Guest
hi guysi see some interiors of E39some come with wooden style deskboard but some come with the black color , since i m a young guy, i dont like the wooden, it's like for older ppl..can u tell what version & it year's model E39 come with black colored deskboard & tiptronic/steptronic (because prefer to play around with tiptronic gear than just have the AUTO gearbox)thanksDave

dave2020,

Same here.
Didn't like the wooden trim and was looking for the one which has got different trimming. Trust me, not easy. Then realised, better to look for a well maintained E39, good engine, etc, instead, which I did.

You could replace to the M5 silver trimming later. It costs RM 3,xxx. Almost went for it until my mechanic said... "... aiya!! can put air-con in your toilet with that money you know!!.... " ... betul jugak. :eek:
Though I did not go to the 'air-con in toilets' path, but spent it on other parts of the car... Anyway, that's my story.

On the xxx-tronic, other sifu's can help.
As for me, I have not gone beyond the the Spots mode, which is already syiok!!

Interior wooden panels for older folks???

dave2020 said:
hi guys

i see some interiors of E39

some come with wooden style deskboard but some come with the black color , since i m a young guy, i dont like the wooden, it's like for older ppl.

dave & astrocreep,
Not true lah! Wooden panels for "older people"? It's refinement, luxury and distinction, bro! ;)

By virtue of the E39, already "uncle mah". If you want younger image.....go for the 3 series:D

Air con in toilets... hmm. Maybe Donald Tr**p ajer kot. e39 for uncles? Eh come on lah, its for grand uncles - for people who got pension funds to dip into for maintenance purposes! Hahaha. *LOL.

But if you want to make it sporty, I agree, either you look for one that already has the trims or you just get yourself a 3 series. OR some other Jap models which then you can pasang that song from F&F Tokyo Drift...

Tang Tang Tang Tang Ting Tong Ting Tong Tang Tang.. or whatever that is. Good local version available at Hits.fm methinks... :p

find someone without the woodtrim and do a trim swap...I've never seen an E39 without wood trim. Your best bet, aside will be piano black wood trim, very nice. Also, shop around for quality aftermarket trim, you do not need to go OEM.

am i an uncle?

dave2020 said:
hi guys

i see some interiors of E39

some come with wooden style deskboard but some come with the black color , since i m a young guy, i dont like the wooden, it's like for older ppl..

can u tell what version & it year's model E39 come with black colored deskboard & tiptronic/steptronic (because prefer to play around with tiptronic gear than just have the AUTO gearbox)

thanks

Dave

oh goodness me....wooden trim = uncle?hahaha...bro, you gotta hand it to Jerman.."refinement, luxury and distinction"...

FYI, i had my E39 nearly 2 years ago when i was 23 years old. It came with the ebony trim interior(probably something you're looking for). But i found it a tad too dull. hence, i swapped it over the weekend (yesterday!)with another fellow forumer. and the trim now is a Vavano wood trim. It might not be the best looking wood trim to some but hey...may i reiterate "refinement, luxury and distinction"....:D

well my simple 2 cent as a testament to wooden trim = uncle agenda here. good luck in obtaining the interior trim best suited for your ride bro. But as AstroCreep said, not cheap!:cool:

Top Bottom