Where to get Sound Insulating Engine Hood

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bg22g22

Club Guest
Dear All,Is our E90 comes with "Sound Insulating Engine Hood"? If yes, where can i get them and how much?Thanks:cool:

He He... the post dated 2003,,,any way...you will have some basis.....:cool::cool::cool:

Bg22g22;600191 said:
Dear All,

Is our E90 comes with "Sound Insulating Engine Hood"? If yes, where can i get them and how much?

Thanks
:cool:

I've done it for my 300sl as the old one was falling to bits. It cost me approx RM 300.00-350.00. The mechanic done a pretty decent job. I rather pay a little bit more for labour to the the old bird to the job then a form 5 drop out do the job at the accessory chop shop:rock::rock:

Go to any SC. They will install the ori one for you for around 3 - 4 hundred.

ahmz;600248 said:
Go to any SC. They will install the ori one for you for around 3 - 4 hundred.

But isn;t the ori ones just a flimsy piece of fiber which isn;t thick at all?? Doubt it'll insulate much vibration and noise

DKNY;600525 said:
But isn;t the ori ones just a flimsy piece of fiber which isn;t thick at all?? Doubt it'll insulate much vibration and noise

I wouldn't know the efficiency or effectiveness of the ori sound insulation, but since it's designed by BMW, I would expect it to work! Anyway, the part number is 51 48 7 059 260 and the indicative list price (2007 price, material only) is EUR 37.90. Got this from BMWFans website. The URL is http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E...7/browse/vehicle_trim/sound_insulating_front/

Base on that price, at say 4.0 exchange rate, it shouldn't cost more than RM200.. kns! SC price is more than double of that.. import duty kao2!

I need too, maybe buy from S'pore cheaper..

Note that the price is 2007 price for material only, excluding taxes and duties and transport and insurance! So, factoring in a modest 5% increase per annum, the price increases to EUR 46.06. Add 2.5% for transport and insurance => EUR 47.22. Add maybe 30% tax => EUR 61.38 x 4 = RM 245.54. Add 30% SC profit = RM 319.20. Add in standard RM80 labor and the price becomes RM 399.20!

Top Bottom