Where can I get the Dension IceLink IPOD adapter?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hey there,

i've got one but i had to order mine from a UK website car audio plus for my 7 series factory radio. This set me back around ₤110 including postage & packaging to my UK address and brought it back to malaysia. The installation for the unit is rather tricky and finding a place where you could get it installed by someone who knows what to do is a mission on its own. After the installation you will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO USE YOUR CD CHANGER. Unfortunately my installation didnt go well becuause the ice link system only works when it wants to and has a mind of its own. I have to remove the fuse for the cd changer each time i want to connect my nano to the system. The customer support is rubbish and can be rather expensive when ringing them up from Malaysia. When it does decide to work the sound quality is fantastic, so is being able to control your ipod through the multi function wheel and you dont have any delays when switching tracks.

If you do decide to go through with this make sure you do some research before you purchase the unit.

AB got the ipod interface at RM1600 plus anuder 700+ to install... so that's b.s. if you got airline friends, just go to any BMW dealers in US or Europe, buy the ipod interface for US150 only. got install manual... check out the ipodyourbmw.com

ya..that is right but it only fit 2002 car upwards....correct me if i wrong....thought dension will compatible on all car...just my 2 cents...

Hey guys,

evisuzuki82
the dension ice link plus should be compatible with the radio on your 3 series if you are still using the OEM fractory radio. Dension's products are compatible with a wide range of OEM and after market headunits their website has a compatibility list.

Buying the official ipod kit from bmw would seem like a better idea because its a clean installation unlike the dension. If you do get it from auto bavaria its going to seem expensive but atleast they know what they are doing unlike the "cowboy" audio technician who installed mine. Plus bmw should cover that installation with some sort of warranty.

Let me know if you know a place where they actually know how to install and initiate the unit because i might want to get looked at when i get back to KL for the summer break.

cosmosblack said:
Hey guys,

evisuzuki82
the dension ice link plus should be compatible with the radio on your 3 series if you are still using the OEM fractory radio. Dension's products are compatible with a wide range of OEM and after market headunits their website has a compatibility list.

Buying the official ipod kit from bmw would seem like a better idea because its a clean installation unlike the dension. If you do get it from auto bavaria its going to seem expensive but atleast they know what they are doing unlike the "cowboy" audio technician who installed mine. Plus bmw should cover that installation with some sort of warranty.

Let me know if you know a place where they actually know how to install and initiate the unit because i might want to get looked at when i get back to KL for the summer break.

ya man, leceh wanna have it 'buat hal' all the time...but AB is BS ... don't wanna support them .. they are a con job.

Installation of the DICE is fairly straight forward and it would be easy to do a stealth install if that was desired too. The unit comes with extensive installation instructions and the EAS website (who supplies them) also has detailled instructions including pictures in its installation section.

Top Bottom