wheel size

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hcl

Club Guest
Hi all, I need some help regarding wheel size. I have a 325 sports, and wondering what are the cons of changing to bigger wheels (19 or 20s) what is likely to break and void warranty? also, what else do I need to change should I change to bigger wheels. THanks in advance

bro, your ride is sport version means that the spring and shocks are already upgraded for handling.

Compare the sport to normal version, your comfort would be reduced. if you upgrade to 19" or 20", be prepare to feel the roughness of the road.

control bushing would be affected as well.

btw, is your rims now 18"?

Hi Jarance,

Yes, the wheels are now 18', with RFT. If I do go for bigger wheels, are there any chances of anything breaking and void warranty?

hcl;472821 said:
Hi Jarance,

Yes, the wheels are now 18', with RFT. If I do go for bigger wheels, are there any chances of anything breaking and void warranty?

Bro, Nothing will break. Only the rims will break if you enter a hole. Look at the inner panel of the driver side door. They have given us the recommended tyre presure to use, means they are expecting you to upgrade to 19". :)

If you are worried that the car be under power cause of 19" or 20". Then use Velocity, its not bad. It doesn't increase BHP but it increases responsiveness. :)

Cheers

Thanks for your input BMWs, can you please tell me what is Velocity? due to pick up the car in a couple of days, I am looking forward to it. Anyone can give me some advise on where abouts to look for some wheels, preferrably originals
thanks

If anyone can PM me some shops or locations that sells wheels that would be appreciated. I hope when I get the car I can meet up with some of you. Thanks

hcl;473208 said:
If anyone can PM me some shops or locations that sells wheels that would be appreciated. I hope when I get the car I can meet up with some of you. Thanks

It would help if you post some picture of the wheels/rim of new ride and your intend rims that you want to get.

hcl;473173 said:
Thanks for your input BMWs, can you please tell me what is Velocity? due to pick up the car in a couple of days, I am looking forward to it. Anyone can give me some advise on where abouts to look for some wheels, preferrably originals
thanks

PM me and will give you all the info.

Cheers

hmm

is that velocity is similar to sprint booster where it installed at the throtle which has chip inside to control the response of our throtle...is it similar?

ALready got 19s now, stil cant tell how responsive or unresponsive the car is while running on 19s, as i m still running in the car...at the moment cant tell any difference

Top Bottom