Wheel GAP after 19" upgrade - advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vmsdisc

Club Guest
After upgrade to 19" it my wheel gap still look " HUGE" , Was thinking to lower down few " ...Anyway advice wat best solution? change spring ?

You have a great and nice car bro :top:
Change spring la alang2 mau bikin :burnout:

I love the RIM :love: . For me, the tyre too thin.
Whats the size ar? Can this maintain the comfort?

yes tyre sudah pasang wat to do .. front 19x245 belakang 19x275 .

Tukar spring, any after effect to the car comfort ?? or other negitive impact to car ?

Ada second hand spring for sale ah ??

vixxx;247714 said:
You have a great and nice car bro :top:
Change spring la alang2 mau bikin :burnout:

I love the RIM :love: . For me, the tyre too thin.
Whats the size ar? Can this maintain the comfort?

omg!! looks like rally car!! faster change springs!! otherwise your friends gonna give you nickname and it will stick forever!!
buy good springs the comfort will be no probs..good luck.. and god speed!!

any good spring shop to intro ??

guru;247772 said:
omg!! looks like rally car!! faster change springs!! otherwise your friends gonna give you nickname and it will stick forever!!
buy good springs the comfort will be no probs..good luck.. and god speed!!

go for Eibach or H&R spring just to lower the car and have that soup up looks but dont change the absorber coz it will make ur ride a bit bumpy..good luck bro in selecting ur springs

tks for the advice , any indication of damage on those two brand

Alan Teh;247781 said:
go for Eibach or H&R spring just to lower the car and have that soup up looks but dont change the absorber coz it will make ur ride a bit bumpy..good luck bro in selecting ur springs

so far so good coz these springs cant be easily damaged unless theres an accident occur

Bro vmsdisc,

Market price for E38-Eibach spring will cost you around RM1.2K to RM1.3K + installation another +/-RM100.

Now i oso saving to get a set to my baby!

Just to share....

Bro,
besides just wanting to lower your car, bear in mind the other factors involved in this quest.

the task of lowering your car does in fact present quite a few options. I shall list them from cheapest & crappest to most expensive & best performing.

1) cut your existing spring. Make sure u cut off one exact coil or it will affect how your spring sits

2) replacement springs. These are similar to cutting your oem springs as they either have less coils (longer overall coil length, thus higher kg/mm) or a heavier gauge coil

*note 1 & 2 will offer sub standard ride and performance as the new spring rate is now unmatched with your struts, eventhough you have a lover centre of gravity.

3) New strut and springs or coilovers. These offer the best in suspension upgrades. Matched spring and strut rates.

Coilovers due to their construction offer a more rigid structure. Also they are height adjustable and depending on the models, offer rebound, compression and preload adjustments and on higher end models, hi speed and low speed adjustments on those items i mentioned and can rebuilable.

i've just measured the height from road to the top of the wheel arch at 66.5cm on my e39 with "19's on. is that low?

Top Bottom