what the best and comfort tyre for E92??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ice pop

Club Guest
hi there i really out of my mind what tyre size to fit my E93 335I instead of original 18 inch RFT.in fact the original tyre size for my car is 235/4018 n rear 265/35/18 but i feel tat tyre is not comfort and bumpi ,can i convert front and rear tyre to add on another 5 for the profile each? meaning tat front profile 45 rear 40 or 45 ? those tyre shop spoke to me go to 19 inch they siad 19 inch is more comfort than 18 inch is that true???:hmmmm: . guys please advise.

if they tell u 19 non rft more comfort than 18 rft, that may be possible

sharp;532126 said:
if they tell u 19 non rft more comfort than 18 rft, that may be possible

what tyre size u using now sharp ?any comment tat the tyre u use currently?

Increasing the tire profile does help but very minimal.

Try to switch out from RFT to 19" non RFT michelin pilot sport size 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear and you will definitely get more comfort ride than your current 18" RFT. If budget permits, change suspension to KW.

I am very satisfied with the setup I'm on right now.

David Yong;532138 said:

Try to switch out from RFT to 19" non RFT michelin pilot sport size 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear and you will definitely get more comfort ride than your current 18" RFT. If budget permits, change suspension to KW.

David
KW spring ,KW absorber or both?after change kw does the car as some as original hight?
any of the shop in KL or PJ offer the best price tat d item u mention?

ice pop;532113 said:
hi there

i really out of my mind what tyre size to fit my E93 335I instead of original 18 inch RFT.
in fact the original tyre size for my car is 235/4018 n rear 265/35/18 but i feel tat tyre is not comfort and bumpi ,can i convert front and rear tyre to add on another 5 for the profile each? meaning tat front profile 45 rear 40 or 45 ?

those tyre shop spoke to me go to 19 inch they siad 19 inch is more comfort than 18 inch is that true???:hmmmm: . guys please advise.

Do note that if u increase the aspect ratio of ur tyres,u'll also be increasing the rolling radius of ur tyres which can result in an increase in fuel consumption,added speedo error and decreased performance.
If u increase the size of ur rims,the tyre aspect ratio/profile needs to be reduced to maintain the correct rolling radius.

supergripen;532757 said:
Do note that if u increase the aspect ratio of ur tyres,u'll also be increasing the rolling radius of ur tyres which can result in an increase in fuel consumption,added speedo error and decreased performance.
If u increase the size of ur rims,the tyre aspect ratio/profile needs to be reduced to maintain the correct rolling radius.

you are right most of the sifu told same answer as u supergripen.i know wat i gonna do for the next step just go for 19 inch wit the standard set up. thanks

first time a hear somebody with a hot machine like the 335i asking about comfort tyres. they usually ask for the ultimate in wet/dry grip for maximum banzai :)

mizhan;532813 said:
first time a hear somebody with a hot machine like the 335i asking about comfort tyres. they usually ask for the ultimate in wet/dry grip for maximum banzai :)

my ministry of home sound me every day until i cant stand it anymore....well i has brain wash her everyday i hope she able change her mind to n not sound me! :rock:

ice pop;532880 said:
my ministry of home sound me every day until i cant stand it anymore....well i has brain wash her everyday i hope she able change her mind to n not sound me! :rock:

i feel for you bro.. good luck :D

go 19"

235mm 35 series 19" (front)
265mm 30 series 19" (rear)

Yokohama AD08, The best of both worlds...
Soft and grippy, but you will need to replace them very soon. High wear-rate. On a 335i, it will be well worth it!
I'm currently using this tire, and I must say its better then all the Dunlop, Conti, Michelin, etc. that I have tried.

The Michelin and Conti are all over rated. Too softcore.

If you can spare the extra $$$, go for the best tire the road today. Bridgestone RE11.

David Yong;532138 said:

DY, what kind of KW setup are you currently using?
I made a mistake by getting the KW lowering springs and antiroll bars. The car is now too low. Might have to get the KW V1 or V2.

melvyn;533185 said:
go 19"

235mm 35 series 19" (front)
265mm 30 series 19" (rear)

Yokohama AD08, The best of both worlds...
Soft and grippy, but you will need to replace them very soon. High wear-rate. On a 335i, it will be well worth it!
I'm currently using this tire, and I must say its better then all the Dunlop, Conti, Michelin, etc. that I have tried.

The Michelin and Conti are all over rated. Too softcore.

If you can spare the extra $$$, go for the best tire the road today. Bridgestone RE11.

dear melvyn
you surprise me coz u told me tat other brands tyre such yakohama and RE 11. i tot everyone fever on this PS2 and PS 3only.sound not bad the both of tat tyre ,how much u bough yakohama AD o8 front and rear?from which tyre shop???i would consider yokohama tyre if price i acceptable.

how bout re11 even better than yokohma and PS2 PS3? what ever tyre price come up to rm1300 each is not my choice. thank bro.

tth tyre;533196 said:
Michelin Pilot Sport 2..i can say..

dear tth
michelin is perfect but price is super perfect expensive :banghead:
no way got to save some money for next month car laon.!! forget it....bye ps 2....

thanks

regards

ice pop;533483 said:
dear melvyn
you surprise me coz u told me tat other brands tyre such yakohama and RE 11. i tot everyone fever on this PS2 and PS 3only.sound not bad the both of tat tyre ,how much u bough yakohama AD o8 front and rear?from which tyre shop???i would consider yokohama tyre if price i acceptable.

how bout re11 even better than yokohma and PS2 PS3? what ever tyre price come up to rm1300 each is not my choice. thank bro.

Ice Pop,

I paid RM$5400 for the AD08. You will notice that the price is a bit more then the forms' favoured brands as it is more performance oriented, 1 category bellow competition spec. The compound is softer and more sticky, hence the higher wear-rate. Coupled with 19" rims, the softer side walls won't suffer from too much flex.

Btw, there might be a waiting period as this is a low demand tire.

happy shopping.

Top Bottom