What diagnostic tool you use on BMW?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

diaosi

Banned
Make a survey, what diagnostic you use on BMW? Just a reference-The tool you use and your car-good and bad to use?-price-do you want a new one-where you bought it

INPA + SSS Progman and currently still trying to get GT1 to communicate with my OBD II

Cost me RM180 for the cable and CD, GT1 and SSS Progman are downloaded from bimmerforums

Happy with this cable so no plans to get a new one

ebay

diaosi;765097 said:
I am the first
Mine is BMW icom a+b+c and 1997 E39 523i
Quite good, just a little expensive
$600
Current not want a new one
Buy on a B2C website Chinasiony
Whoa! That is one expensive and complicated looking piece of diagnostic equipment. Do you have any screenshots of what it can do?

muhaiminrahim;770640 said:
Android: Torque
Bluetooth: Elm327 :4:

Bro, so i believe you have tested the elm327, in that case i want to get one also

Just get the INPA/Ediabas interface cable for RM150 and you can use it for INPA, GT1 and NCS Expert. All are good diagnosis softwares and capable of coding. Interface may look about complicated but once you got the manuals they are pretty okay. Supports up to E60 for the one I am using. I think newer version supports up to F10, IIRC.

Or a more user-friendly ones are BMW Scanner. But the 1.4.0 only supports up to E46 and costs almost the same as INPA/Ediabas cable. The 3.0.0 versions supports up to E90, IIRC.

what is the purpose and advantage to have this diagnostic tools?
which shop selling one ? any manual to refer to?

- - - Updated - - -

jarance;848571 said:
I used my hand, ear and eye when I dont have a diagnostic tool..

LOL! U need to add that with Google.. without Google, we are nothing.. :4:

ELM327 v1.5.. having hard time to get such a simple device to work.. only worked once and the rest of the time, can't detect OBD device despite successful pairing with Android phones.. tried 3 phones, 5 apps.. all have troubles.

Just ordered another ELM327 this time v1.5A.. hoping to have better luck. :4:

Meanwhile, there's an INPA/EDIBAS cable in my store, tried to installed it back then but couldn't get it to work too.. and trying to install again, hope this time it works..

Jijie;848549 said:

I think every BMW owner should have at least the Bluetooth OBDII reader which cost about RM50. Our car is sensitive with it's electronic and frequent throw out false alarm. These OBDII tool can reset the alarm and read the fault code so the owner have an idea what fault the car is having or suspected to be having, rather than trusting foreman who may take advantage of the situation.

Certain fault would put the car in limp mode and restricted to low gear. Imagine you on the highway at late rainy night on a long weekend with family and babies on board, hundreds of km away from home and stuck in limp mode.. just plug in the OBDII device and use your smartphone to clear the error, BAM! you are on your way again! Isn't it wonderful?

The INPA/EDIBAS system are for advance user because it can re-code the ECU with personallised parameters to change the characteristic/behaviour of most buttons or dials in the car. Google on BMW coding and you will discover more..

More in this forum:
INPA:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?40618-EasyDIS-44-and-INPA-working
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...lp-to-Install-INPA-EDIABAS-to-Windows-7-32bit
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?49408-Inpa-k-dcan

BMW Scanner 1.4:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...DIBAS-Expert-USB-downgrade-to-BMW-Scanner-1-4

Just an update, the OBDII Bluetooth reader doesn't work with iOS devices. If you want to read from the OBDII port with your iPhone or iPad, use the OBDII Wifi module instead

Ok, If any members want to read from the obd2 port with ios or Android devices, I will recommend XTool Iobd2 BMW scanner and ELM327 WiFi scanners. Some members in bimmerfest have got iobd2 scanners, and are quite happy with them. I am using ELM327 WiFi myself, no complaints so far. I also have a BMW Scanner 1.4.0. It doesn't support ios or android system. BMW ICOM A2 is more like a professional tool.

Top Bottom