water system around expansion tank

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

terry8

Club Guest
I have water leak here and was told to replace 3 items :- expansion tank, hose and a plate Does anyone know the pricing for these things.

There is 2 hoses under the intake manifold which is crucial . Check that also. Do a proper pressure test . I had that prob before. Hoses price i forgot :sleep:

Enpansion tank Behr rm160 bought at BA SS2 Klana Jaya...

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

sharizat;839940 said:
There is 2 hoses under the intake manifold which is crucial . Check that also. Do a proper pressure test . I had that prob before. Hoses price i forgot :sleep:

Sounds plausible, my spark plugs wear out prematurely (rusty). bro, did you face the same problem? Mine's N42 tho.

I didn't have spark plugs issue but was losing water every 2 days, the water level went below the full level

terry8;841032 said:
I didn't have spark plugs issue but was losing water every 2 days, the water level went below the full level

pressure test will let u know is there any leakage and will know which part to replace.

Terry, do a pressure test & check all the hoses, connections, expansion tank & radiator. A pressure test should be able to pin-point the major leaks. If you are using coolant then there should be some sort of stain. However, certain minor leaks can't be determined via pressure test. Since yours is losing water every 2 days I assume that's quite serious.

when there is a leak from one of the part (hose or expansion tank), it is better to change all of them at the same time.

This is because the life span of hose and expansion is about the same. They will failed one after the other.

Top Bottom