Water Goes Into the Exhaust Pipe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
What a bad day, just now KL has a heavy downpour I was parking at Putrajaya at a roadside. When the I collect my car after meeting I saw the water level is at my car bumper!! I thought I was not able to start the car anymore but luckily I was able to start and drove back home. The concern that I have now is whether the water inside would cause any big problem ? Do I need to suck the water out from the pipe?

I don't think there should be any problem. The heat from the exhaust itself would be hot enough to evaporate all of it. And you won't even have water to suck out from the pipe.

Wow, noticing the water level and you still have the guts to start your engine? You're lucky that no damage is done to the engine.

Yeah better watch out...last few days really heavy rain and some of my friend's cars were in the flood with a height of 3ft and all cars are in workshop due to that!

I think flood insurance is a must now

Or detour using different route, never try your luck if you see flood areas. My SC Manager warn me, never drive through if the water level reaches about half of your tyres.

TheTinkerer said:
Wow, noticing the water level and you still have the guts to start your engine? You're lucky that no damage is done to the engine.

For anyone who wants to know where the air inlet is located.

JHLuke

thanks for the info.
it looks like the intake location is not that low afterall.. about the mid-level of the kidney grill which is ~ 2 ft of ground clearance
From stories shared to us, I wonder how can water can go up that high unless one really goes through a very deep pool of water.

cheers

razibar said:
JHLuke

thanks for the info.
it looks like the intake location is not that low afterall.. about the mid-level of the kidney grill which is ~ 2 ft of ground clearance
From stories shared to us, I wonder how can water can go up that high unless one really goes through a very deep pool of water.

cheers
Heard that the water can get into the air intake even at low level flood. This is due to water splashed to the front of the car when another car in the opposite direction is splashing the water when going over a relative low water level.

if still wan to drive thru floods....must do mod pasang itu snorkel intake that 4x4 off roaders have on their trucks lor........ :65:

Top Bottom