Water drip from map light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW520

Club Guest
Dear all,I notice a couple of time that water drip from map light after heavy rain when i park outdoor. Water trap in the map light & drip around the gear knob area. It doesn't happen when driving during heavy rain. Any ideas from all sifu where doesn't the water leak from? Any idea how to fix it...I'm not sure will it cause any side effect when there is a leak. TQ very much

you've got sunroof? If you don't, you might want to check the front windscreen rubber linings.

bimmerholic;631501 said:
you've got sunroof? If you don't, you might want to check the front windscreen rubber linings.

My car didn't come with sunroof. Btw, front windscreen lining is the rubber on top of the roof or the glue under the winscreen? Roof top rubber is peel off. Or do i need to get mechanic to take out the windscreen & reinstall back? Thansk

THat's the culprit then....your peeling off roof top rubber. Go to a windscreen replacement shop and replace your rubber linings. They will inject the glue below the rubber linings when you replace to a new lining.

BMW520;631538 said:
My car didn't come with sunroof. Btw, front windscreen lining is the rubber on top of the roof or the glue under the winscreen? Roof top rubber is peel off. Or do i need to get mechanic to take out the windscreen & reinstall back? Thansk

If you have insured your front windscreen, you may as well replace it. Replacement will include new windscreen rubber.

herbert;631553 said:
If you have insured your front windscreen, you may as well replace it. Replacement will include new windscreen rubber.

Right..killing two birds with one stone

herbert;631553 said:

Thanks to bimmerholic & herbert...I'll buy the windscreen insurance during my coming car insurance renewer as my wind screen have minor dent cause by small rock falling from lorry...

Top Bottom