Water disappear by itself

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

TCNG

Club Guest
Hi Guys,anyone having any experience to share on how to resolve water disappearing just after a week top up and with a brand new water cooler / radiator. ?I just change the water cooler / radiator and since than the water seems disappear just after week (below the middle / optimum range - top up to almost full) with town use. No sign of leakage and also able to pass pressure test. Really out of idea where the water evaporate. By the way, i hear this funny sound like vacumm turn on eveytime i start my car in cold condition and there are times hard to start too (brand new battery - 2 months). Your advice is much appreciated.Thank you,TC Ng

TCNG;775283 said:
Hi Guys,

anyone having any experience to share on how to resolve water disappearing just after a week top up and with a brand new water cooler / radiator. ?

I just change the water cooler / radiator and since than the water seems disappear just after week (below the middle / optimum range - top up to almost full) with town use. No sign of leakage and also able to pass pressure test.

Really out of idea where the water evaporate. By the way, i hear this funny sound like vacumm turn on eveytime i start my car in cold condition and there are times hard to start too (brand new battery - 2 months).

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
TC Ng
Check your heater matrix inside the car under the dash.

Cheers

I tried before, engine head bocor. Try send to workshop verify.
This cause my water house bocor also.

TCNG @ usually a best practice is to change the water pump unit , hoses , thermostate housing etc etc too when it comes to such work ...but as listed you've only changed the radiator ...hence could be due to some other parts which is leaking ..try to top up with some coolant , take it for a spin (drive it hard ) and leave it to cool down ...hoist up the car and you may see traces of leak ....hope this helps ..

zib;775284 said:
Check your heater matrix inside the car under the dash.

Cheers

I m kinda agree with bro zib coz i just experienced it recently...checked alll until turbo area and now on bypass mode i.e. water prevented being channelled to heater sytem for air cond and now water level not dropping...

thanks for all the input. I have just sent to my workshop who did the water radiator change for me. Will leave it there for few days to check it out. see what he found.

Hope the workshop is able to find the cause of the problem. Anyway, just to share with you, I had the same encounter with my ex-e36 and have also changed the radiator and hoses. Even done a top overhaul on suspect of a warp engine head gasket. After that a pressure test was done and a thumbs up was given. However the joy was shortlived as I still noticed the dissipitating water problem until one day when I pop opened the bonnet after a hard drive and noticed a slight hissing coming out from a very fine hairline crack on the side of the expansion tank. The said hairline crack was probably small enough that the pressure test was not able to pick up any pressure loss when the cold.

Hey guys,

I have the same problem and I took my car for a spin (drive it hard ). then I noticed the water is dripping from the water pump area on the ground. dripping is very obvious. So now I need to send my car to workshop.. Can you help me to know a reputable workshop for servicing the cooling system. Teri makasi ;)

@c-square, My I know where did you service your cooling system? Ok with their service and price? ;)

Arash said:
Hey guys,

I have the same problem and I took my car for a spin (drive it hard ). then I noticed the water is dripping from the water pump area on the ground. dripping is very obvious. So now I need to send my car to workshop.. Can you help me to know a reputable workshop for servicing the cooling system. Teri makasi ;)

@c-square, My I know where did you service your cooling system? Ok with their service and price? ;)
Arash, it would help if you mentioned your prefered location of the workshop?

i had the same issue 2 years ago, my e34 head gasket leaks after my wife overheat the engine, to the extend smoke came out off the engine when she reached home, i was damp piss because she didn't bother about the overheat warning & continue to drive home.
In my case idling was very bad, lots of white smoke, mechanic recommended overhaul.
As i was short of $ then and now also because of GST, decided to use K seal, paid $75 i think & pour into d radiator, car is fine until now, i still check the water level every month though as the car is old, no missing water for now.
So before u spent $ to overhaul the engine, might as well try it.

Hi All,

i just like to update to this topic. this issue of water disappearing in my car was due to the engine top block having hair line crack and water sip into engine. In the end, i get the top block change and did a top block overhaul and been running fine for 2 years plus.

somehow thats the downside for our beemers , is a common issue .. glad that you got it fix and happy driving ...

Top Bottom