water coming into e36 cabin

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AZM

Club Guest
Was driving my E36 thru very heavy thunderstorm last Saturday. My kid complained that the RH rear carpet (driver side) was soaking wet. Suspect that the water coming thru the air cond duct under the driver seat. The area at the outlet was very wet. I only assuming since this is the first time I face this problem. Have anybody face similar problem? P/S: I have inspect the floor board from under the car, could not find any hole or rust area.

Try looking under the carpet ..... as my pervious E30 was sent for respray and ask them to check under the carpet and there was bad rust at the floor boards

AZM;

Another possibility is water seeping in through the window, into the door and under the door card (the door trim inside the car) if the plastic sheet inside the door card is torn or not sealed properly. If this is the case, water will seep into the car everytime it rains or being washed.

...please check your windshiled external seals, ie both the front windscreen & the rear windshield, from the outside.

...the Malaysian heat & weather, over time, has a tendency to melt the joint seals around the windshield/screen & water does seep in, through the gaps & breaks, during an automatic carwash or during our monsoonal torrential thunderstorms...

...have the seals replaced at an authorised & capable workshop or as I do, whenever necessary, at Auto Bavaria...get it done right, the first time...

:D

Maybe you right. I did change front windscreen last month. But only now start to leak. Guess I need to visit that shop again to get it check. Lucky he gave warranty for his workmanship. Thanks again for the feedback.

Top Bottom