wat is a dipped beam?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dungbtle

Club Guest
hi, pardon me for my lack of knowledge,but i've been wondering, my e30's (i dont know wat u call it) checking lights..the one on top of your head near the rear view mirror is still working but once in a while, the one labelled "dipped beam" will light up and nothing is wrong wif my car that i can sense. may i know what is a dipped beam? 2nd, there is some hot air coming in from the direction of my pedals, is it a leak in my insulation and is that a big problem/hard to fix? 3rd, what is a firewall? hehee...still trying to learn.. cheers!

Lifted off... http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/vehicles/get-your-lights-right.html

===

Dipped beam headlamps
Dipped beam headlamps are used for lighting the way ahead of the vehicle at night. The beam pattern is controlled so that the driver can see the road ahead without causing glare to other road users. (Dipped beam and main beam headlamps are often combined into one lamp.)

Fitting requirements
All vehicles are fitted with one or two dipped beam headlamps as original equipment.
You may not fit any additional dipped beam headlamps to a vehicle.
Dipped beam headlamps must be white or amber in colour.
On the road
Dipped beam headlamps should be used during the hours of darkness and whenever visibility is poor. Because they are dipped, they can be safely used in all conditions without dazzling other road users.

hot air coming from pedal..

1) air con.. bungkus, ventilation pushing out hotair.
2) firewall - the separator "wall" between engine bay and footwell have hole.. so get hot air from engine loh
3) Insulation kaput...

alternative.. firewall.. is something that prevent virusus from entering your PC... hahaahahahahahh

Also company way of preventing you to go into "funny" website... or is that a proxy wall ka.. kekekekekekk

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

uh huh~

thanks for the advices!

my aircond is cold..so it could mean that its not the aircon kaput rite ~
maybe the firewall... wat about the insulation? its the engine insulation? is that a pocket burning thing ?

dipped beam: OH .. yeah did notice one of the headlites are abit dimmed. thanks!!!

happy holidays~!!

oh yeah.anyways i think its not aircon la. the hot air comes even when i off the aircon

not sure about how to burn pocket..maybe use matches... but advise you to take to workshop.. and let them look see. Maybe not as big prob as you think!

Top Bottom