Warranty & BMW Service/Repair Inclusive Extension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

burnin

Club Guest
My warranty and BMW service inclusive is going to finish soon since it's gonna nearly be 2 years since I bought my car while my mileage is approaching 60,000 km. Did anyone here apply for the extension? The warranty extension would extend the warranty by 2 years as well as cover the service/repair (as stated within the list of services covered) for 5 years (5 years since the vehicle was bought) or once the vehicle reaches 100,000 kms. If anyone can shed some light or provide your thoughts on this matter, that would also be awesome. Thanks!

Wow no one's applied for this extension before? I got quoted 9000 plus ringgit. Anyone has any thoughts on this matter?

Forget about the extension. I think it is cheaper to pay item by item especially if can get original parts from outside. Also, it doesn't cover auto fluid which I change at 50k service. My front brake pads looks thin to me but I can't get it changed under BSRI as according to the Idrive it can still lasts for 20k. I was quoted more than RM1200 for this. However I can get original pads outside for less than half this figure. And change when I want them change!

Good point, Kht. I was trying to weigh the balance between having the added safety net of the BSRI extension or just forking out any repairs as they come. However, the BSRI extensioin does come with an additnal 2 years limited warranty which may come in handy since I've been reading a lot about BMW=banyak masuk workshop. Where do you get the original BMW parts at a cheapeer price from?

Also does anyone know whether our warranty is up to 2 years (unlimited mileage) or 60,000 kms?

Thanks ppl!

As far as I understand what I was told.

Warranty is up to 2 years and unlimited km. But the free service is only 3years or 60k km. Whichever comes first ends first.

Top Bottom