Video: my E30 at Sepang and playing with a DC5 :)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

adian

Club Guest
My target time is 2m40.First real whack at the track, and did only 2m53. Major chassis improvements required to the rickety, flexing shell. And some proper Toyo R888s would be right.Anyone have any cheap and cheerful recommendations to reduce the laptime, please do share! For example a dogleg 5-speed would do the trick, but... RM = whoah![video=youtube;8SjVoRSicoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SjVoRSicoM[/video]

thanks for sharing ...best person to seek towards improving on time is Fabian or Zoggee .... mastars of e30's

nice ride n racing line...but i think u must do the tyre set up again due the car somehow still can understear a bit there...the dc5 r faster but the driver seems syg kete n tk hentam kaw2....coz in my experiance that was year 2004 mme iam driving ek with b16b engine n makan angin time is 2.44...how ever ur mechine engine r power enaough..i think..n seems ur oso driving makan angin u time is 2.55 if u push a bit i think ur time can be good....try set up again ur suspension n tyre presure again..those thing r very important when driving with the long track like sepang...just my 2cent bro

Iceman: yes am friends with Zoggee and Fabian. Who's engine do you think is sitting in my E30? ;)

yat: I say, that's as good as it gets with the current E30. Understeer? None la, it's all oversteer with my car, it's set up to be tail-happy. I raced S1K in the Swift last year and also did 2m44, you can find the video somewhere on my Youtube. My target time for my E30 is 2m40, current tyres Falken Ziex where got grip la hahaha..

adian;687289 said:
Iceman: yes am friends with Zoggee and Fabian. Who's engine do you think is sitting in my E30? ;)

not sure bro ....as they change engines like T-shirts ....

2:53 is a very good time for the heavy E30. u need a front strut brace to hold the front together... :p Maybe can operate on one of my bars to fit yours.

adian;687300 said:
Stig: It is. Why ah?

Just asking :)

fabianyee;687318 said:
2:53 is a very good time for the heavy E30. u need a front strut brace to hold the front together... :p Maybe can operate on one of my bars to fit yours.

I thought the e30 was light enough already... what's lighter?

stig;687364 said:
I thought the e30 was light enough already... what's lighter?

Not light enuf for the puny E30 powerplants.... Unless you have a >200rwhp engine to bring up the power-to-weight ratio.

not bad adian... not bad... must be zog and fab teaching you the lines...

wow fab, didn't know ur m42 was so fast....

Wow..you did tapau a few 'back markers' there..!
the civic looks got good straight line speed..

Great driving :top: ... You're definitely faster in the corners compared to the dc5. Wider tires at the back should yield faster time don't you think? Also you're running 4.1 what is the normal final drive for the e30? What is the rev limit on the engine?

Sorry for the questions as i'm still a track virgin :embarassed:

Adian....thanks for sharing. Good lines although car kinda of too tail happy for me esp when it happens at turn entry phase! :)

2:40? you need more power and better tyres! Btw, u have LSD? Think you have otherwise T9 exit would be an issue.....

Good to see E30 still have plenty poke.

Btw, i also impressed we have many resident racers in the club! :)

pussy;687437 said:
not bad adian... not bad... must be zog and fab teaching you the lines...

wow fab, didn't know ur m42 was so fast....

Adian is a seasoned racer leh... I shud be the one picking up tips from him...
My M42??? Adian's car running a 2.5 lah.. Not a M42...

NIce video Adian....good skills.....Care to share the specs and mods on your i presume M50B25?

I managed to clock best time of ~3 minutes in my E30 318is last year... Not so an aggressive driver like Adian lah..
[video=youtube;5yCKG7bE6fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yCKG7bE6fE[/video]

I think can definitely trim off a couple of seconds without passenger and backseat... hahaha... Then maybe a higher final drive ratio to improve the acceleration..

Top Bottom