Vibration after installing new stock absorbers, brake disc and brake pads.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

theshyrooster

Club Guest
Greetings dear members,Recently I got my pair of front old absorbers replaced with new ones for my BMW E60 520I.I also had the front brake disc and pads changed to new ones too.The reason for the replacements are due to wear and tear of the above mentioned parts due to the car's age.However after replacing the old absorbers and brakes with new ones, I noticed the car vibrating when I travel at high speeds.Upon further inspection when I arrived home, I saw that the suspension in the front, looks rather odd, or wrongly installed.Well I am just assuming, because I am not a pro technician. So I have attached a picture for your opinions.It looks like the spring isn't sitting properly on the absorber. Should it look like that?Your honest opinions and help is truly appreciated,Thanks,Rico

Vibrate at particular speed like 90kmph an above or all the time? Or maybe upon braking? If above that speed do on wheel balancing and see how it goes. Check whether the rims has any dent as well. If vibrate upon braking, most likely brake disc newly installed is the problem.

vibrates above 90kph

but by looking at my picture, is my suspension properly installed ? :O

cos it seems like my spring is not sitting properly on the absorber.

for ur info, my 2 rear tyres are botak, so i m suspecting balancing, allignment or chamber as another reason for the vibration.

now have to burn a whole in my pocket again fork out $$$ for 2 more tyres. T.T

Top Bottom