used car dealer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cas

Club Guest
sifus advice needed,my friend recently trade in his honda city to a used car dealer, the car dealer informed him that they will take his car as trade as he is getting an e46 from them, the used car dealer informed him that they will make full settlement to his bank within 2 months once the car is sold. So they applied to loan for him and it has been approved about 2 weeks ago, The dealer then renewed the insurance and inspect the car after my friend signed the agreement at dealer place, when he called the bank today to obtain the account number to make payment the bank informed him that the dealer hasn't submitted the agreement yet.The dealer is telling him that it may take about 3-4 weeks to settle the loan for the new car and get the release letter. Is it true ?btw my friend already hand over his old car and get his e46he signed hire purchase agreement, Bill of sale & sale & purchase agreement

no it takes a couple of days only if its CIMB bank, if not its immediate or at the most 1 day if any other bank....

the dealer is just delaying his part, go get him and screw him one round....ask him if he has settled, force him to show the settlement slip....

tombstonecannotpost;345910 said:
no it takes a couple of days only if its CIMB bank, if not its immediate or at the most 1 day if any other bank....

the dealer is just delaying his part, go get him and screw him one round....ask him if he has settled, force him to show the settlement slip....

very true..most it will take up to 3 working days...in my case it took 3 days as need to transfer the files from taiping to kl...it will never take so long...the dealer is playing some game here..be carefull...

true. better ask ur friend be safe and never treat it lightly. my dealer onli took 1 day (from jb trasfer relevant document to kl) and by afternoon, i was called by PB to sign the agreement. ur friend dealer seem dragging something or fooling things wit ur friend.

my friend called the dealer, the dealer said that he havent submit the agreement to the bank yet as they waiting for the owner's bank loan to be settled, i wonder how come the dealer already get the insurance renewed under my friends name and get JPJ inspected and hand over the car to him already ?

Question: what are the possibilities for the dealer to fool my friend here?
he called the dealer and try to pursue him to submit the agreement to the bank and he is telling that he will submit the document to the bank once the owner loan is settled.

the dealer still havent submit the agreement to the bank is there any possibilities for the dealer to take back the car from my friend ?

Sounds very fishy. In all my cases, if I traded in a car to the dealer, the transfer is done within 3 working days. Perhaps the dealer is trying to prevent the ownership to be transferred from your friend to dealer in which case, there would be another name in the registration card, which may put off potential buyers. However, it would be quite dangerous to have a car to your friend's name being driven by others.

My friend traded in her car for a new make, and the dealer pulled such a trick too. When she got a speeding summon for her old car from PDRM app. a month from getting her new car and contacted the dealer, he said that the transfer had been done long time ago. But when she told him about the speeding ticket, which was sent to her address in her name, and told him that she was contemplating to make a police report and repossess her old car (which was still in her name as the dealer doesn't want to do the transfer although all the forms had been duly signed), he immediately proceeded with the transfer and it was done in just a few hours.

bro pls advise what my friend should do now ?
he checked with the bank and the car still under the owner name and the outstanding settlement is not done yet

bro pls advise what my friend should do now ?
he checked with the bank and the car still under the owner name and the outstanding settlement is not done yet

its advice that u meet t bank officer and tell them yr story..they know how to push/handle t dealer

Top Bottom