urgently needs help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jeremyvinesh

Club Guest
brothers, i have an 1987 e30 coupe 320i and its having a few probs right now...first of alll the car tends to jerk and kick when i drive it(i think the malay word for it is sangkut) and the rev meter keeps fluctuating up and down btw 2-3 even when the car is parked...and every now and then the rev drops below 1 and the car just dies off...i sent it to a mechanic who told me its a problem with the distributor..he said he changed it and stuff and charged me like 1k for it but the problem keeps coming bck and after he set the air flow sensor the rev is always kinda high at about 1.3-1.5rpm....i dunt know how good of a job he did...what do i doo

pussy;543422 said:
first thing, get a new mechanic....

hahahaha funny but true. Your best bet, is to find knowledgeable BMW mechanic, let them have a look at it.

jeremyvinesh;543419 said:
brothers, i have an 1987 e30 coupe 320i and its having a few probs right now...first of alll the car tends to jerk and kick when i drive it(i think the malay word for it is sangkut) and the rev meter keeps fluctuating up and down btw 2-3 even when the car is parked...and every now and then the rev drops below 1 and the car just dies off...i sent it to a mechanic who told me its a problem with the distributor..he said he changed it and stuff and charged me like 1k for it but the problem keeps coming bck and after he set the air flow sensor the rev is always kinda high at about 1.3-1.5rpm....i dunt know how good of a job he did...what do i doo

mainly prob is airflow meter or fuel pump...kena before... :rolleyes:

i think maybe the timing sensor or map sensor..last time my kenari had quite same problem..

i got this problem before,it was cause by wire harness.like pussy said change mechanic.

This guy posted on the 17th and after so many replies, no response at all...!!!sigh!!!

Top Bottom