Urgent Need F10 528 M Sport Rear Rim

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

WYN

Hi All,

One of my rear rims is damaged and in urgent need of replacement.
though its tempting to look at all the beautiful rims available out there, i prefer to use a used but original rim for now.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi all,

Al ready decided to buy a new rim from BMW. Cost me rm2.6K a piece.
Expensive but for the peace of mind while enjoying the fast drive, i rather buy a new one.. huhu

Sad to say I am also in the same boat. Scratched my front left wheel last week. Will probably get it replaced soon. Hoping it would be slightly cheaper than yours as it s smaller width.
f4bb017a627ce24078ce12d40e9c6f3b.jpg
7a8d7b69fb0a96e5b5df98b6b508f915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syamsulstar said:
Sad to say I am also in the same boat. Scratched my front left wheel last week. Will probably get it replaced soon. Hoping it would be slightly cheaper than yours as it s smaller width.
f4bb017a627ce24078ce12d40e9c6f3b.jpg
7a8d7b69fb0a96e5b5df98b6b508f915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi there, y not just get a touch up repair since its just a slide scratch?
Just a suggestion... :)

Sheer Driving pleasure
Michael

Michael32 said:
Hi there, y not just get a touch up repair since its just a slide scratch?
Just a suggestion... :)

Sheer Driving pleasure
Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. This is actually a first wheel incident for me, and I also haven't had the time to look into it yet.

I didn't know that I had the option. After a quick Google, I found out that some repair/touch up works are really good, and may be as good as new! So I think I am gonna try to send it in for repair works first since the cost is really just a tiny fraction of a brand new wheel. If the result is not satisfactory, then I will get it replaced.

I am located in Johor Bahru, and fairly new to the area. So if anyone here knows of a place where I can get this done I'd really appreciate if you could share the name/address of the shop.

Thanks!

Oh Syamsulstar.. that scratch is nothing compared to the crack that i had. And i think the rim quality and safety is not compromised at all.

And i think i know when i cracked the rim... along jalan tun razak, infront of wisma technip, if one is driving south bound, after one has come out of the tunnel underneath the junction to Jln Bukit Bintang... and maybe 50-70 meters before the left exit to SMART tunnel.. if one is following the most right lane, one will drive over an area with uneven surface around a manhole. But that is NOT the problem.. about 20m after that, one will find a square big deep hole maybe 1ft x 1ft (never get to measure) and the hole surrounded by steel. Go check it out and you will know what i mean

I finally had some time to get the rim touched up. I thought I'd share the after pictures with everyone here. Overall I am satisfied with the workmanship. Costed only a tiny fraction of a brand new wheel. I dropped off the car around 9am, and it was ready by 2pm.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.JPG
    IMG_2151.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom