URGENT HELP ABOUT E34 ABS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wan520i

Club Guest
Hello brothers out there...,I need your comments and input please.. :D :D Is about ABS brake, my current E34 (520/12V/1990) is without ABS, and now I'm about to convert it to 525/24V, the half cut has ABS, the question is can I transplant that ABS to my car? how can I do that? The half cut come with rear axle, I noticed there is some ABS sensors attached to it. Can I use back the current hydralic piping? or ABS required addtional piping? :dunno: :dunno: THANKS.... :)

u need to do the wiring to the ABS sensors...
the ABS module could be a 3 channel or 4 channel module..
3 channel - 2 for front 1 for rear
4 channel - 2 for front 2 for rear

some cars use 1 common pipe/line for the rear brakes hence the 3 channel ABS module.

This is based on general application. Not sure what's brake line configuration for the E34....

Added: btw, if u understand the little theory above, u shud know what to look out for and deduce for urself whether it's doable...

Does your halfcut wiring come full set untill the rear ?? of cut already '???

if like that then u need to bent ur brake fluid piping & add the abs piping for the pump...

ABS sensor i suggest u get new for rear if cut already or else u will always see ABS light ON due to the signal restriction......

Just my experience....

hai i'm still new here so hope e'body can help me...

how much u get ur 525 halfcut, i also got 520 like yours and looking for converting to 525, where u get it aaa, budget for that conversion?

Top Bottom