Upholstrey re-trim shop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Mazin

Are you referring to "Ah Ngau"?

Which part of Loke Yew - can you be more specific?

Cheers

Originally posted by E28driver@Apr 11 2006, 03:03 AM
Mazin

Are you referring to "Ah Ngau"?

Which part of Loke Yew - can you be more specific?

Cheers
It could be Ah Ngau.....I forgot the old dude's name.

To get there:

If you are coming from Jln Sg Besi heading to Jln Tun Razak, go left into Loke Yew roundabout and then go 9 o'clock, keep left, after about 100 meters take a left(before a Silverstone? or someother tyre shop)and left again. The shop is on the right hand side of the road. You can't miss it because they're the only uphostery shop I know of there. They're facing How Lee auto(if you know where that is).

Cheers,
Mazin aka whl

Originally posted by eoj@Apr 6 2006, 06:46 PM
e28driver,

all my cars (4 cars) were done by yap.... no complains. maybe a little expensive but worth it. my current car is there now...

eoj
If you mean Yap Cushion in Taman Mayang..I would be a little careful. I sent my cabrio there to do the hood on recommendation... and to be honest i think his workmanship is VERY POOR. I had also asked him to reupholster my seats in leather and i wouldnt say that the quality is v good..acceptable only.

I think the problem is Yap doesn't do the work himself..and his present workers are not that good.

Docazani

Doc

Thanks for that feedback. Will probably do a bit more scouting around. Was thinking of going with YS.

Checked out at Y2K in Bdr Tun Razak, he does great work but business is too good and he will not be able to fit me in till end June! Dunno if I want to wait that long!

docazani,

collected my car yesterday. did a full leather change from the original jap spec cloth. compared it with 2 friend's other cars (uk spec) with original leather and looks and feel "original". but i guess i'll have to wait and see how it'll hold and last.

my cabrio was also done there but opted for cloth. the previous owner changed the top at yap as well... so far so good (3 years old). had to bring the car back to do some touch-up but nothing serious.

all my cars were personally done by yap. i do see his boys dismantle stuff from my car and cleaning/vacuming. even my steering wheel was personally wrapped by him.

i'm sure there r lots of upholstrey shops out there that can do as good or even better job than yap.....

my only complain is maybe the price :beaten: but like i said before.... i think its worth it :p .

..... what cabriolet do u have. mine's the vw golf. saw a very nice e30 cab last week at yaps. very neat car.

eoj

Originally posted by eoj@Apr 12 2006, 12:31 AM
docazani,

collected my car yesterday. did a full leather change from the original jap spec cloth. compared it with 2 friend's other cars (uk spec) with original leather and looks and feel "original". but i guess i'll have to wait and see how it'll hold and last.

my cabrio was also done there but opted for cloth. the previous owner changed the top at yap as well... so far so good (3 years old). had to bring the car back to do some touch-up but nothing serious.

all my cars were personally done by yap. i do see his boys dismantle stuff from my car and cleaning/vacuming. even my steering wheel was personally wrapped by him.

i'm sure there r lots of upholstrey shops out there that can do as good or even better job than yap.....

my only complain is maybe the price :beaten: but like i said before.... i think its worth it :p .

..... what cabriolet do u have. mine's the vw golf. saw a very nice e30 cab last week at yaps. very neat car.

eoj
if it was a red E30, beige leather with red piping interior...would have been mine....

Docazani

OSFlanker,

Do you mind sharing with us how much did it cost to do the reupholstering on the white bimmer you posted (i.e the seats and door card)?

The door cards was it wrapped or sprayed? Reason I asked is because my door card has some parts where it is wrapped by some sort of pvc, which according to y2k cannot be sprayed coz it will peel off. He said the hard plastic can (i.e. the handle and the side compartment).

Cheers.

Originally posted by weechoon@May 24 2006, 11:06 AM
Anyone tried Central Car Cushion at Taman Kepong before? Any comments?

I did. But only for my roof lining. Wrote about it here:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/inde...wtopic=2862&hl=

The guy running the shop is a fairly cool dude. You can call them up first and ask for an estimate. The workmanship (for the roof lining) is quite good, I reckon. They stitch their own upholstery and have a fair number of workers.

The website's here:

http://www.centralcushion.com.my/

Quite a few samples of their work are shown.

2sen.

gier

hey guys,

do u know anyone that does a refurbishment of the "mechanics" of the seats besides the rewrapping of the leather or cloth? Because my seats look like it needs some new lubricants, seat belt lock (making some noise and doesn't lock properly) etc.

tq

Originally posted by -berq-@Apr 7 2006, 08:41 AM
osf,can pm me the loc of the place ka?wanna do up my seats in fabric oso...torn oredi..
btw,anyone knows where can get suede leather?wanna re-wrap my steering wheel n gearknob..hehe
try wecolor.just when there to get the steering and seat dye.best of all 1 year warranty which no shops dare to give.

weechoon/gier,

Tried Central Car Cushion for my wife's volvo (just got the car back this saturday actually).

Did leather seats, leather gear knob (auto)/steering wheel/centre armrest, new roof lining and custom cut some new mats (5 pieces) which fit the car perfectly.

Satisfied with their work coz seats look like they came from the factory. Only steering wheel and gear knob not 100% but still ok. Overall satisfied with their work.

I'd recommend them for seat work but maybe not the gear knob/steering wheel.... to be fair they did warn me that the volvo 940 steering wheel design was difficult to wrap completely/neatly due to its design.... the best bit is the roof lining.... very nice.... very 'factory' look.

yo bro jip,

how much did u pay for such a job for the volvo? hav u attempted to do your e30 there yet?

Dunno if price is competitive but I paid 3.3k for the lot. If just seats I think about 2.4-2.6k. Quality of leather comparable to the one used in the S60 Volvos (stock - mainly black, but I did mine in grey).

Steering wheel and gear knob work could be better - I heard carbi deco can do that but I suspect the 940 steering wheel design would be challenge to any upholstery guy :). For these two items it is very dependant on workmanship coz done by hand so if in doubt do those bits with someone else.

My e30 is there now doing up ONE mtech sport seat (drivers side).... doing a pvc/fabric mix following ori styling.... fabric coz I dont feel like sliding all over the place when I drive :) ..... apparently recaro fabric will be used (yeah right!! .... whatever....) ... looking forward to it :D

Originally posted by Jipster@Jul 2 2006, 07:31 AM
weechoon/gier,

Tried Central Car Cushion for my wife's volvo (just got the car back this saturday actually).

Did leather seats, leather gear knob (auto)/steering wheel/centre armrest, new roof lining and custom cut some new mats (5 pieces) which fit the car perfectly.

Satisfied with their work coz seats look like they came from the factory. Only steering wheel and gear knob not 100% but still ok. Overall satisfied with their work.

I'd recommend them for seat work but maybe not the gear knob/steering wheel.... to be fair they did warn me that the volvo 940 steering wheel design was difficult to wrap completely/neatly due to its design.... the best bit is the roof lining.... very nice.... very 'factory' look.
sorry, please delete. didn't see your reply on the cost

How ya doing mr c-square? Hope you are in the well :)

As I mentioned 3.3k (all in cost, not broken down) for a volvo 940 (does size matter in this case? :) )- all seats, some leather inserts in the doorcards, central armrest, gear knob, steering wheel, roof lining and carpet mats. Follow ori design. Colour grey. Type of leather? dunno but comparable to what volvo put in their S60s (textured, matt finish).

Check out gier's post - got their website add. Give 'em a call....

Originally posted by Jipster@Jul 3 2006, 03:16 AM
How ya doing mr c-square? Hope you are in the well :)

As I mentioned 3.3k (all in cost, not broken down) for a volvo 940 (does size matter in this case? :) )- all seats, some leather inserts in the doorcards, central armrest, gear knob, steering wheel, roof lining and carpet mats. Follow ori design. Colour grey. Type of leather? dunno but comparable to what volvo put in their S60s (textured, matt finish).

Check out gier's post - got their website add. Give 'em a call....
thanks, dancing potato ;)

Top Bottom