universal 02 sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

McFir7

Club Guest
guys i did read somewhere bout the 02 sensor replacement..can we actually use other car make 02 sensor (still bosch) to replace into our faulty ones?just but slicing out the wire to connect?the reason is the other make 02 sensor maybe could be more cheaper than those oem for bummer..did anyone tried these b4?sorry if i brought up a silly question..:stupido2::stupido2:

You have to make sure output voltage produced from other sensor is the same as bimmer's sensor, beside that, make sure it can be screwed in the socket in your exhaust nicely. Lastly, make sure your wires connections is right > 12 volt in, ground, sensor output voltage...

McFir7;411337 said:
guys i did read somewhere bout the 02 sensor replacement..can we actually use other car make 02 sensor (still bosch) to replace into our faulty ones?just but slicing out the wire to connect?

the reason is the other make 02 sensor maybe could be more cheaper than those oem for bummer..

did anyone tried these b4?

sorry if i brought up a silly question..:stupido2::stupido2:
i suggest dont try..i had a bad experience with my previous ride (myvi) where i had a problem with its o2 sensor. Quoted for a brand new o2 sensor for myvi is RM380, so i decided to get a used 1. i saw before in 1 of kedai potong in my place got K3-VE engine (same engine with myvi) but originally used in passo or avanza. so i think is should not be a problem. but when i bought the sensor, cost me RM150, come back home wana fix it, the socket not ngam...then i slice the wire to fit with the old socket, everything screw up,uhu..

anyway do anyone know where can i get a cheap o2 sensor for m50tub25?

ray123;416009 said:
You mean the AIr Mass sensor?

O2 sensor aka lambda sensor is the one at the exhaust downpipe monitor CO level.

Air Mass Sensor is at the intake monitor amount of air intake..

2 different thing leh...

Top Bottom