Umbrella for F10

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dark1234

Club Guest
All sifu,i have noob question , since the era of my e46 ~ e60 , i can always put a golf ( 90 cm ) umbrella at driver seat side. the new F10 seat is FAT no space to put any umbrella at all in the car and unlike RR we cannot put umbrella in the door frame, thus what's umbrella and how u put in the car, from internet the best method seems to buy the bmw umbrella with their holder but RM 300/400 for a umbrella does not make sense since i tend to lost my umbrella every 2 ~ 3 month.what you all use against the rain ?thanks in advance.

Yes.. 400 over dollars for an umbrella doesnt make sense...
I bought the Original BMW GOLF umbrella for 20 SGD during their launching of F10 sometime back and I put it into the boot.
Most of the time is unused and I tend to run under the rain....

I got one of those BMW umbrellas with my E39 in 2000. It was held in a holster that was attached the side of the center console on the pax side. It is now a "National Treasure" ever since I found out how much they cost when I wanted to get some for my other cars.

I also had a BMW Golf umbrella, but someone loaned and didn't return it.

I carry the BMW umbrella beside my seat in the Z4. Just about fit.

I have an Adidas Golf umbrella on the rear deck of my other cos it wont fit the space between the seat and the sill. I bought some good folding umbrellas from UK and are stored between the seat and th sill. In a 3er, only a medium sized umbrella will fit the space.

My wife thinks that I have an umbrella fetish cos I equip all my cars with at least 2 umbrellas. One below th driver seat and on on the rear deck. I even have one on the pax seat and one in the boot. At least one is "disposable" cheap giveaways, so that people can "borrow". I also have poncho in the trunk for those times when I need to have my hands free to do things in the rain.

saat;692221 said:
I got one of those BMW umbrella with my E39 in 2000. This was fitted to a holster that was attached he side of the center console. It is a "National Treasure" ever since I found out how much it cost when I wantd to get it for my other cars. Someone loaned and didn't return other my BMW Golf umbrella.

I carry the BMW umbrella beside my seat in the Z4.

I have Golf umbrella is on the rear deck cos it wont fit the space between the seat and the sill. Only a medium sized umbrella will fit the space.

My wife thinks that I have an umbrella fetish cos I equip all my cars with at least 2 umbrellas. i even have one on the pax seat and one in the boot. One is disposable cheap FOC one, so that people can "borrow". I also have poncho in the trunk for those times when I need to have my hands free to do things in the rain.

Said like a true scoutsman! "Be Prepared"

saat;692221 said:
I got one of those BMW umbrellas with my E39 in 2000. It was held in a holster that was attached the side of the center console on the pax side. It is now a "National Treasure" ever since I found out how much they cost when I wanted to get some for my other cars.

I also had a BMW Golf umbrella, but someone loaned and didn't return it.

I carry the BMW umbrella beside my seat in the Z4. Just about fit.

I have an Adidas Golf umbrella on the rear deck of my other cos it wont fit the space between the seat and the sill. I bought some good folding umbrellas from UK and are stored between the seat and th sill. In a 3er, only a medium sized umbrella will fit the space.

My wife thinks that I have an umbrella fetish cos I equip all my cars with at least 2 umbrellas. One below th driver seat and on on the rear deck. I even have one on the pax seat and one in the boot. At least one is "disposable" cheap giveaways, so that people can "borrow". I also have poncho in the trunk for those times when I need to have my hands free to do things in the rain.

wow , i thought i am the only one with such fetish. in my ex-e60 i have 2 golf umbrella one driver side, one on passenger side & one disposable poncho in the glove compartment.

which now i put it in my f10 driver side compartment since it come with latch now. its only the umbrella is the issue, the car seat is HUGE compare with e60 seat . there is virtually no space to put any decent umbrella, ya seat , you are right the umbrella with the holder is not national treasure and it cost around RM 300 ~ 400 !! for an umbrella, for that kind of money i will expect the umbrella to open to the whole car and can be transform into a boat. now need to look for "OEM" umbrella holder.

dark1234;692287 said:
wow , i thought i am the only one with such fetish. in my ex-e60 i have 2 golf umbrella one driver side, one on passenger side & one disposable poncho in the glove compartment.

which now i put it in my f10 driver side compartment since it come with latch now. its only the umbrella is the issue, the car seat is HUGE compare with e60 seat . there is virtually no space to put any decent umbrella, ya seat , you are right the umbrella with the holder is not national treasure and it cost around RM 300 ~ 400 !! for an umbrella, for that kind of money i will expect the umbrella to open to the whole car and can be transform into a boat. now need to look for "OEM" umbrella holder.

Ahhhhh, a fellow Marry Poppins......

dark1234;692287 said:

How about plastic waste bags at every seat (and in the boot and glovebox)?

saat;692302 said:
How about plastic waste bags at every seat (and in the boot and glovebox)?

thats my wife fetish,
1 plastic bag at door silt, 1 recycle bag in the boot , f10 got hidden compartment ala "missing spare tire" location, and some nice paper bag here and there , which i use for taking document with me when i transport them around.

haha. now need to look for umbrella solutions, its like F10 missing this feature now "UMBRELLA"

dark1234;692357 said:
thats my wife fetish,
1 plastic bag at door silt, 1 recycle bag in the boot , f10 got hidden compartment ala "missing spare tire" location, and some nice paper bag here and there , which i use for taking document with me when i transport them around.

haha. now need to look for umbrella solutions, its like F10 missing this feature now "UMBRELLA"

Hurray another bag in the boot mate. I got 2 paper bags and 2 cloth bags (one from Nikon and another from Sony).

Yeah yeah, Umbrella solution, sorry for the distraction.

Like I said I bought a good collapsing umbrella from a store in UK and kept those beside my seat. Or you can fashion a holster that is attached to the carpeting on the PAX side of the center console. My E39 came with the holster and strap with special plastic carpet screws.

See the pic here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369933

The spare tire well is too small for umbrellas, and you and the contents of your boot would be wet by the time you manage to get it out with all the junk piled on top of it.

saat;692360 said:
Hurray another bag in the boot mate. I got 2 paper bags and 2 cloth bags (one from Nikon and another from Sony).

Yeah yeah, Umbrella solution, sorry for the distraction.

Like I said I bought a good collapsing umbrella from a store in UK and kept those beside my seat. Or you can fashion a holster that is attached to the carpeting on the PAX side of the center console. My E39 came with the holster and strap with special plastic carpet screws.

See the pic here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369933

The spare tire well is too small for umbrellas, and you and the contents of your boot would be wet by the time you manage to get it out with all the junk piled on top of it.

yum those are the one that cost a bomb, USD 80 ~ 100 . maybe i should get some collapsable umbrella and store the golf umbrella in the boot so i if i am alone i can use that umbrella , if with my family i run to the boot and swap umbrella . haha , i think my wife will have field day with my such ingenious solutions

dark1234;692362 said:
yum those are the one that cost a bomb, USD 80 ~ 100 . maybe i should get some collapsable umbrella and store the golf umbrella in the boot so i if i am alone i can use that umbrella , if with my family i run to the boot and swap umbrella . haha , i think my wife will have field day with my such ingenious solutions

My Addidas golf umbrella was on the rear deck.

dark1234;692362 said:

I was talking about the holster lah. Can put some other cheaper umbrella.

I have 2 other obsessions - torchlights and swiss army knives!!!!

Sadly BMW did not think about this. It is really a hassle. Also, it don't have mch compartment to keep stuff.

Do you think the SA will be kind enough to give me the BMW umbrella as a gift when I collect my car?

wjmg;692922 said:
Do you think the SA will be kind enough to give me the BMW umbrella as a gift when I collect my car?

I got one when I collect my car.

Kht;692929 said:
I got one when I collect my car.

yes but i think those are the golf umbrella, i got mine with AB logo on it , i think our bro is asking about the umbrella holder that saat has from his e39, maybe i diy one for my car =)

Kht;692900 said:
Also no where to hang anything when go ta pau

this is my solutions cost RM 12 . used it on all my car . hook remember to face inside to prevent accident mishap.

View attachment 21802
pencil.png

Top Bottom