turbo or supercharge for M43TUB19 engine anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mielo86

Club Guest
bro's n sifu,just curious to ask if my standard enjin M43TUB19 (4-inline) can be turbo or supercharge instead of implant new engine like JZ or RB? is it realistic to do so?if can be done how much is the estimated cost for the whole job?where can find workshop that can do this conversion?p/s: just curious to know..:rock:

if u're on autobox, the box wont survive. u will need a manual at minimum.

a better bet is to swap to a 6 cylinder and turbo charge from there. but might be cheaper to sell and buy a 325i and go from there. 4 cylinder to 6 cylinder requires alot of stuff.

rb/jz is easy, but u lose the soul of the car. but when 300whp kicks in, u really have no time to worry about soul hahaha

ramsing;670440 said:
if u're on autobox, the box wont survive. u will need a manual at minimum.

a better bet is to swap to a 6 cylinder and turbo charge from there. but might be cheaper to sell and buy a 325i and go from there. 4 cylinder to 6 cylinder requires alot of stuff.

rb/jz is easy, but u lose the soul of the car. but when 300whp kicks in, u really have no time to worry about soul hahaha

thanks for the info bro..so are you saying that it can be done using 4 cylinder standard engine but need adjument to the engine and change to manual transmision?

jz/rb for me is good and intersting but some how i dont like the idea to implant a new engine into my ride. i just like a modest power and pickup for my ride with the originality being preserve. that is my idea but i dont know if it is realistic or not. but still i would like to know how much will it cost to convert into 1JZ. how about the road tax and fuel consumption?:smokin:

he saying change to BMW 6 cylinder engine first. Unless thats what you mean with engine adjustments

It is cheaper to transplant a 1jz thn transplant m50b30...cost for 1jz plus installation less thn rm10k..but u lost the bmw soul...but power is ommmpppgg...

haywire;670492 said:
he saying change to BMW 6 cylinder engine first. Unless thats what you mean with engine adjustments

if dont change can?use 4 cylinder:39: to turbo/supercharge?

eujinee;670493 said:
It is cheaper to transplant a 1jz thn transplant m50b30...cost for 1jz plus installation less thn rm10k..but u lost the bmw soul...but power is ommmpppgg...

sound interesting la pulak..i would like to try drive one with 1jz engine..anynone consider to give me a ride?hehe:burnout:

u can use ur current engine. and the same autobox, but it wouldn't last long if the tq goes above a higher level, which is the point of the upgrade in the first place.

1jz engines can give u a lot of power, but it wont be cheap. plus the resale value of the car will be lost.

the current 4 cylinder engine will give u a nice power increase if turbo'd. the double vanos will be a fun bonus. supercharging wont yield much as your engine capacity is not that high, unless big bucks are involved, which would then be cheaper to go turbo.

really depends on what you're looking for. it always starts with a little increase in power, ultimately leads to insanity. hahaha.

don't waste time lah.... custom turbo with piggyback ECU will cost u 6k-10k, depending whether u can get good cheap used parts for the setup or have to get new parts. Not including time needed to finetune or troubleshoot unforeseen problems. Not saying that there will definitely be problems. Just that u have to be prepared.
Cheaper and less headache to sell off the car and get a 325i instead.

fabianyee;670516 said:
don't waste time lah.... custom turbo with piggyback ECU will cost u 6k-10k, depending whether u can get good cheap used parts for the setup or have to get new parts. Not including time needed to finetune or troubleshoot unforeseen problems. Not saying that there will definitely be problems. Just that u have to be prepared.
Cheaper and less headache to sell off the car and get a 325i instead.

haha..true the problem is i just bought this this baby n realise that 1.9 little is so under power...so not an option to sell and get 325i..beside it was out of my budget before..so i need to improvise on what i have...looking forward to turbocharge or 1jz my car...in future laa...

eujinee;670493 said:

There's a Gwai Lo's M52B28 running on GT3540 with STOCK internals doing 704WHP...Many doubts the potential from these bimmer engines??

pardypeople;670645 said:
There's a Gwai Lo's M52B28 running on GT3540 with STOCK internals doing 704WHP...Many doubts the potential from these bimmer engines...

who's doubting? hehe, I'm a firm believer :p but I believe highest number recorded on the B28 was 921whp. it's not about getting the numbers, but its about reliability end of day.

you can run 704whp on a stock b28 with a gasket, but how long the rods will hold up is anyone's guess. on a GT35, the delivery is quite violent, so the stress point will be there. you can run a GT42, evens out the curve, but power comes later. some ppl prior, some the latter. reasonably, 450-500whp is quite liveable on a stock b28.

ramsing;670652 said:
who's doubting? hehe, I'm a firm believer :p but I believe highest number recorded on the B28 was 921whp. it's not about getting the numbers, but its about reliability end of day.

you can run 704whp on a stock b28 with a gasket, but how long the rods will hold up is anyone's guess. on a GT35, the delivery is quite violent, so the stress point will be there. you can run a GT42, evens out the curve, but power comes later. some ppl prior, some the latter. reasonably, 450-500whp is quite liveable on a stock b28.

I was just stressing the potential it has VS the hype that people have on Japs. Hehe..You are big sifu la..I have lots to learn from. And yes, I would also prefer something in the range of 450-500whp. Having said that, the US versions M52's were on cast iron blocks except for the ones on their Z3 which is identical to the ones here on aluminum blocks. Even if the internals are stock, Cometic Gasket and ARP head studs is a must I believe. My exploration on the manual tranny will be soon :driver:and once am immune to that feeling, I will be craving to be on the dark side :cool:

P/S: Itu barang sudah check costing ka? Bila mau cerita harga abang adik ? :4:

pardypeople;670694 said:
I was just stressing the potential it has VS the hype that people have on Japs. Hehe..You are big sifu la..I have lots to learn from. And yes, I would also prefer something in the range of 450-500whp. Having said that, the US versions M52's were on cast iron blocks except for the ones on their Z3 which is identical to the ones here on aluminum blocks. Even if the internals are stock, Cometic Gasket and ARP head studs is a must I believe. My exploration on the manual tranny will be soon :driver:and once am immune to that feeling, I will be craving to be on the dark side :cool:

P/S: Itu barang sudah check costing ka? Bila mau cerita harga abang adik ? :4:

aiya....i forgot to get back to you la. ok let me pm you shortly :)

with so much power, can handle the power ka ? even with 306hp, the 335 is a handfull.....

ramsing;671566 said:
hmm...for the price of the engine, u can turbo a m50 to make thosai outta it. :)

But bro...the sound of mpower engine is intoxicating...raw n/a...power...

Top Bottom