Transmission issue ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

transporter

Club Guest
bros, i'm not sure whether i have a Transmission issue..my car feels very heavy to move from stand still. a light step on the pedal will move the car like a tortoise, but when i step a bit more, the car zooms forward lightning fast. when i step lightly, the car will move like 1.5k rpm...then press slightly harder only suddenly surge to 3k rpm..i don't know how to describe it, but it just doesnt feels the accelerator responded normally to the pressure i put on the pedal.but my car doesnt jerk when accelerating or braking.anyway, my e39 clocked 180k km without ATF oil change before..should i take the ATF change plunged?thanks very much :)

Definately change your ATF oil, oilfilter, check the solenoid as well....
check you air flow meter too

GB at 180k mileage and never changed before, use until koyak only overhaul one time.....

transporter;475396 said:
thanks for fast respond bros,
btw, what is an air flow meter?

see below

MAFandafm1.jpg

transporter;475376 said:
bros, i'm not sure whether i have a Transmission issue..

my car feels very heavy to move from stand still. a light step on the pedal will move the car like a tortoise, but when i step a bit more, the car zooms forward lightning fast. when i step lightly, the car will move like 1.5k rpm...then press slightly harder only suddenly surge to 3k rpm..
i don't know how to describe it, but it just doesnt feels the accelerator responded normally to the pressure i put on the pedal.
but my car doesnt jerk when accelerating or braking.

anyway, my e39 clocked 180k km without ATF oil change before..should i take the ATF change plunged?

thanks very much :)

Hi transporter a.k.a bronx a.k.a mika,

Reading through all your recent posts, your ride seems to have quite a number of potential problems/failures. It is quite normal for a ride clocking 180,000 km to encounter such problems/failures. Rather than to seek advice from all the sifus here and there, I would suggest you send your car to one of the recommended workshops and have the mechanic rectified all the problems/failures once and for all. I can recommend you a good reliable workshop if you don't have any. But prepare to put aside RM10K for repair bills. When I bought my e39 525, it has also clocked 190,000 km and I have spent RM15K to get my ride to tip top condition.

Time to change the ATF..Why not, since it is cheap compare to the gb alone price.

herbert;475421 said:
Hi transporter a.k.a bronx a.k.a mika,

Reading through all your recent posts, your ride seems to have quite a number of potential problems/failures. It is quite normal for a ride clocking 180,000 km to encounter such problems/failures. Rather than to seek advice from all the sifus here and there, I would suggest you send your car to one of the recommended workshops and have the mechanic rectified all the problems/failures once and for all. I can recommend you a good reliable workshop if you don't have any. But prepare to put aside RM10K for repair bills. When I bought my e39 525, it has also clocked 190,000 km and I have spent RM15K to get my ride to tip top condition.

thanks bro. would appreciate it if you could pm me a good workshop.. :top:

i think i have experience this problem recently but solved already.
It was the timing sensor.not the tranny. after changed the sensor,
mine accelerate like it used to be. ask xpert or ur mechanic for confirmation..
the sensor was around RM350 ++ only . But get the the one with BMW logo. otherwise it won't last long. happened to me also. I'm not an xpert. just based on recent experience.

The E39 tranny ECU is of the adaptive type. Meaning to say it sort of programs it to your driving style. If you are experiencing the symptoms that you have described that could be case unless you drive your car hard most of the time then the gb will adapt to taking off in the next lowest gear.

bono2k;481166 said:
i think i have experience this problem recently but solved already.
It was the timing sensor.not the tranny. after changed the sensor,
mine accelerate like it used to be. ask xpert or ur mechanic for confirmation..
the sensor was around RM350 ++ only . But get the the one with BMW logo. otherwise it won't last long. happened to me also. I'm not an xpert. just based on recent experience.

bono, may i know which workshop u bring to fix it? unfortunately my problem came back after 1 week of changing the petrol filter..

Top Bottom