Top overhaul kit for our beloved BMW engines...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MalayCooper

Club Guest
Hi allJust wondering, since some of you are restoring your E23s and E24s, where do you get engine parts from?My M30B35 oil seal is going south and everytime i take a sharp corner and then accelerate, white smoke is seen bellowing out of the exhaust...So sooner or later im gonna have to take the cyl head off... and hence looking for a gasket set. I only really need the cyl head gasket to be honest as I dont have to take the exhaust manifold off to get the cyl head out.So... any help would be greatly appreciated.Syed0125205525

Hi, just wondering if you're doing the top overhaul yourself or sending it to a workshop?

wjie20;822113 said:
Hi, just wondering if you're doing the top overhaul yourself or sending it to a workshop?

Would have done it myself, but lucky I havent opened up anything...

Turns out the white smoke has nothing to do with the oil seal or cylinder head. Fuel starvation leads to way too lean a mixture and hence the smoke. Now im going to just overhaul the fuel system this weekend. Should be a lot of fun :)

Syed

maybe the PCV system also puts out the oil in the intake so it will smoke. does it smoke all the time or just during revs?..idling? blue or white smoke? water level ok or goes low often?

btw, the exhaust manifold must be undone to remove cylinder head.

tropos_net;828088 said:
btw, the exhaust manifold must be undone to remove cylinder head.

Nope, not on early M30 (also called M90) M30B35L. As you can see from my other post, the exhaust manifold is intact to the cyl head when i remove it (must undo 3 bolts at downpipe only)

yes thats what i meant, to undo the manifold from the downpipe. which ever way, when you work on the head, the exhaust manifold will come off at some point to inpect the ports for anything....or maybe even port polish!

Top Bottom