Too many lights

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hammer1911

Club Guest
Pl help me. It happened yesterday. Whenever the stick engaged to P or D the lights not lighted only at the particular point. Sometimes it lighted on S,N or 1. Was told maybe the ribbons got loosed or snapped that's why it can't cover the particular point. Is it true or something else that I don't know. Is it something to do with GB giving another warning after I changed the lever switch that 'kaput' last month? Sifus ,seniors out there ..I need the advice.Thanks .Some pictures for clarification:

First time I ever see this problem..

Would be interesting to know what is the cause..

Please do keep an update..

As long as the car does not physically go into Reverse while you're driving to the grocery store.......

On a more serious note, I had the same issue with my old Citroen: And it WAS the ribbon of wires that lit up the corresponding lights reflective of the gear/position selection. I replaced mine and it was fine again.

I don't particularly understand by what you refer to the gearbox giving 'another warning'. The first warning, I assume, refer to the failed selector switch whereby you can change gear positions without depressing/squeezing the lever switch. What was the second warning?

Ennui78;484477 said:
As long as the car does not physically go into Reverse while you're driving to the grocery store.......

On a more serious note, I had the same issue with my old Citroen: And it WAS the ribbon of wires that lit up the corresponding lights reflective of the gear/position selection. I replaced mine and it was fine again.

I don't particularly understand by what you refer to the gearbox giving 'another warning'. The first warning, I assume, refer to the failed selector switch whereby you can change gear positions without depressing/squeezing the lever switch. What was the second warning?

The 1st warning was when the gear engaged on any position,nothing appeared on the OBC.The car can move forward but with limp mode i.e:3rd gear.It was diagnosed with faulty lever switch and already ractified.I thought the latest problem could be 'another warning ' but with your explanation I think maybe the ribbons was the cause. Will send the car for another check tomorrow and will let you know .Thanx bro

hey there,

sorry, i m SR20...long time not log in....ur problem basically as they said only the riben inside the geat shift panel snaped off, is actually the wireharness are made by riben type, once it fail then all the lights will shown it happen when u switch on the lighting....no worry not g/box problem...just change the panel will do..is 10mnts job only.
:D

Check with the mech today.The cause: The ribbon n quoted for RM 280. Since no issue with GB and 'hujung bulan ma' so just let it be. Cheers

Top Bottom