To repaint .. or not to repaint...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seb

Club Guest
Gents, Need your opinions please... My 328I is now 11 years old. And whilst it is relatively a low miler the paint condition is getting on a bit and those dreadful carpark dings and scratches and stone chips is ruining the looks. Whilst the paint is still shiny, is shows imperfections and some uneven colour under bright sun and not to mention also the watermarking. I am contemplating of sending it in for a resprays in its original colour. I have some reservation however, - I know the original factory ICI paint is of good quality. What type/brand of paint would match factory quality? - From your exprience, will a good paint shop produce a finish that is similar to factory finish? - Anything that I should ask or observe the paintshop before I send in my car? How much would a good paintjob cost? - How about undercoating etc? I would appreciate experience sharing and perhaps example picture of new paintjob :burnout:

If the paintwork is merely looking old, and the scratches are not deep, you might wanna consider a full-on paint correction detail instead. This involves using machine polishing to correct all the defects in the paint, a good place might charge anywhere from RM600-1.5K for this. Seems pricey for what is essentially a polish, but its still cheaper than a quality paintjob and the outcome might be even better.

If you like other color.. then this is your chance. Many spray shop can bring back OEM quality and worksmanship..

Thanks for the response guys. I always hear about this '@K' paint. Anyone care to elaborate? is this similar quality to OEM paint?

11 years? I think you need to give your baby a new coat-lah!

Go for Glasurit Paint...you will not regret!

I think the current original factory paint for BMW is from Glasurit! Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry Guys... I meant 2K paint. Googled it and I know what it is. Galsurit? OK thanks for the tips. Will look around for workshop that uses it. Thanks.
silliy question perhaps... but is polishing part of a standard paintshop final process?

Top Bottom