Time Zone

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Notice that the time zone is out by 1 hour. When choose GMT time plus eight hours, the forum show one hour advance. However, when choose Bankok time (plus 7 hour), the forum time is the same as Malaysia. Now, Malaysia is GMT plus 8 hours. Please correct...

There is another thread ongoing abt this issue.I believe mr.admin will look into it very soon :)

the default clock setting in which your username is registered is GMT - 5hrs.it's very accurate for me. have u changed your settings lately?

It is -7 GMT.Cos the forum time is now showing 10:20 am when it is actually 9:20 pm

this is weird.i've set the main settings to -5hrs and it's the correct time shown...have u guys checked your own settings?fabian: if it doesn't work, please restate and i'll change it to +8hrs.

I changed to GMT +8 but not showing correct local time. Changed to GMT -5 then the local time is shown........

OS, yeah, GMT-5 is the default and correct for me as well.

Just my humble opinion though I don't really know too much about this but I think that most time zone programs are configured to factor daylight savings. Since Malaysia doesn't practice this, we would get an hour's descrepency. If you adjust now, you might have to readjust again when spring hits Europe. :)

Originally posted by Tom@Dec 16 2004, 07:01 PM OS, yeah, GMT-5 is the default and correct for me as well.
-5hrs is the short cut way around for now... But eventually, it shud be +8hrs to truly reflect the LOCAL TIME...

Testing time.. Now the time is 09:54 and the date is 18th Dec 2004.wonder what would be time stamp on the forum.. mmm.. let see.. here goes.. click "add reply"

Originally posted by jarance@Dec 18 2004, 09:59 PM Testing time.. Now the time is 09:54 and the date is 18th Dec 2004.wonder what would be time stamp on the forum.. mmm.. let see.. here goes.. click "add reply"
Hey , the date is right but the time is ahead by 12 hours again... mmm y2k bug again...

Originally posted by flash@Dec 19 2004, 04:30 PM Test, test.
Yup, it is ok.

Timezone seems to be off for me as well, Was on GMT +8, and have now set it to the original GMT -5.. Get the correct time now.

Originally posted by chinlai@Dec 23 2004, 02:19 PM Timezone seems to be off for me as well, Was on GMT +8, and have now set it to the original GMT -5.. Get the correct time now.
me also set to GMT -5 hr to get the right time..

Top Bottom