Tik tik sound...need advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

irfan80

YNWA
Dear sifus,My 2 months recon E60...Having this tik tik sound every 3 sec after i off the engine....It started 2 days ago and it's coming from( not very sure actually) the exhaust piping underneath the car after i off the engine...Last 2 days the sound came I thought bcoz I drove lil bit laju la and that the reason for it.....but, tonite after I came back from a normal drive, the weird tik tik sound still persist....haiya, donno how to describe la.....Kampung explanation Is as zif like a water drop on a zinc roof( I donno how many people have xperience living in house with zinc roof la) every 3 sec...Does anybody got any idea on the most probable cause to that? Tq

Water from air-con discharge tube is dripping onto the exhaust pipe causing the tik tik sound. I had similar sound and resolved it by extending the discharge tube slightly longer.

Herbert;791912 said:
Water from air-con discharge tube is dripping onto the exhaust pipe causing the tik tik sound. I had similar sound and resolved it by extending the discharge tube slightly longer.

Dear Tn VP,

Ya la, that could be it.....I'll act accordingly....tqvm

Ps: I believed who ever read this can imagine the sound now....sorry la with the "water drop on a zinc roof" crap....yes, sound like cold water drop onto a hot metal....hope that is the problem and I presumed it will be an ez fix..

Tq

Top Bottom