Thinking to buy or not..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sparrow79

Club Guest
Hi everyone...im the new comers in this forum..and very new with bmw also..and need some guide frm otai2 in the club..i got an offer frm one of my uncle fren to sell his e34 yr 1988(520I)..condition is fair.. acc free..need to do some interior and exterior repairing..eg.missing one of his wiper..interior, few pillar cover need to change due to wear and tear and the speedo meter is not functioning ..engine there is some leakage from the valve cover probably the valve seal..the gearbox juz recently being overhauled..the car is selling for rm14k..do u guyz think its worth it to buy or not....thank you...

It would be fair price for the condition of the car I would think, but if you don't mind pumping in another 7 or 8k, there are many E34s out there which would be in great condition to choose from. Noting from the way the car has been treated, the worry would be many 'hidden' issues which will turn up after a few weeks of driving it.

Dun buy .............look for 525 24v instead ............

M20b20 12v is too underpower even with manual tranny ..................

don't buy.. judging from what you say, it seemed like your uncle never take care of his car.. there might still be hidden problems

wiper osso missing 1 aarrr.... my '89 525i manual with 17 inchers ,perfect interior with no repair required to the body nor the engine went for rm17k in feb last year.

since he yr uncle,bodekk him to part it for rm10k....then you will have to spend rm4k for the required repairs......for sure.......

i assume this is an auto as u mentioned the gearbox went thru a repair.if it IS ,then it will be tremendously underpowered.....kalau m50 then not so bad lah....m20....huarrggghhhh (yawn)

find better ones......patience is the virtue

mizhan;527747 said:
offer him 10k. say you need to spend 8k on it.

offer your unker 8K and spend 10K for 1 JZ conversion .....total sum 18K and you'll have a super powerful car ....

ICEMAN 13;527803 said:
offer your unker 8K and spend 10K for 1 JZ conversion .....total sum 18K and you'll have a super powerful car ....

Wei I tot u BMW hardcore. Apa tu 1JZ lar:smokin:

tell him it's a rust bucket,nobody will want the car and you will be happy to tow it away..

Hi Dude,

Ask your uncle to sell you 10k-12k lar.. then you can spare 10k repairing engine, spray color, 17" sport rim and AC bodykit...

pussy;527893 said:
tell him it's a rust bucket,nobody will want the car and you will be happy to tow it away..

better still, send in pussy. he will get the e34 and any other cars for a song. but his commission might be painful, watch the movie, 'Crying Game'......:eek:

U might want to spent to repair or beautify it ... but the keyword here is, UNDERPOWER. Unless u are the same age as your ol uncle, heheheeee.

bro...me got 1 suggestion...
how bout taking e32...
at my place i seen 1 car selling below 5k
maybe the engine kong already..
then ur thinking of conversion engine..

go the way of blackhowling or pussy............you wont be wrong.......he..hee.....:rock:

Top Bottom