thinking of getting spacers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

scin

Club Guest
I am toying with the idea of getting spacers for my rear end of the E46 coupe. Can anyone give me some suggestions in terms of the type of spacer, brand , and where/how much....thanksPS am on the type M68's 245/17s at the rear

any european/us branded spacers should do the job. i'm using eibach 15mm spacers on my rear. looks great with improved handling. bought for RM500 including bolts at hup shun tyre in sunway. dont fit spacers to your front wheels it will affect balancing and handling

cool
Are the hub centric spacers? What is the difference if they are not?

eibach spacers are hub centric. hub centric spacers are better than non hub centric ones...

Okay...
Did it affect your balancing/handling etc in any adverse way?

for the rears not in any way but for the front yes and it was quite noticeable which is why i removed them and they're now up for sale

I got so many negative reviews about spacers that I decided not worth it. Usually "sifus" recommend smaller offset wheels instead of spacers, which is what i did. If you want to get 15mm spacers, do you plan to roll the fenders? That is a big offset. If currently you are using +40et rims, then a 15mm spacers is equivalent to +25et rims. The spacers aren't cheap either so it's worth considering.
Hubcentric cones/rings and spacers are usually used to snug fit a larger diameter hub openings (or spigot) rim into a smaller wheel hub, meaning there will be a gap. You don't need it unless you are planning to fit in some JDM or e39 rims. Having said that, even people using larger diameter spigot rims don't install cones/rings and get away with it (lug-centric fit). Nasib-lah... reaching the destination may take long but journey is the fun part.

vinode;343181 said:
I got so many negative reviews about spacers that I decided not worth it. Usually "sifus" recommend smaller offset wheels instead of spacers, which is what i did. If you want to get 15mm spacers, do you plan to roll the fenders? That is a big offset. If currently you are using +40et rims, then a 15mm spacers is equivalent to +25et rims. The spacers aren't cheap either so it's worth considering.
Hubcentric cones/rings and spacers are usually used to snug fit a larger diameter hub openings (or spigot) rim into a smaller wheel hub, meaning there will be a gap. You don't need it unless you are planning to fit in some JDM or e39 rims. Having said that, even people using larger diameter spigot rims don't install cones/rings and get away with it (lug-centric fit). Nasib-lah... reaching the destination may take long but journey is the fun part.

bro vinode i couldn't find any negative reviews about spacers...mind telling us the disadvantages? i'm one of the happy users of eibach spacers, 15mm on my rear wheels and at rm450 i think its one of those best bang for buck mods to improve appearance & improve handling...

There is nothing wrong with widening your track for better handling, except for the excessive bearing wear that comes with it. However personally, I have read in many places (even in this forum as well) that adding spacers have become a bane more than a boon for several people. Threads so long explaining how people go through the process of eliminating that vibration that comes with their installation of spacers:hmmmm2:. In one case the guy gave up and removed the spacers altogether. I have been researching spacers for the longest time because I've been planning my wide-body conversion long as well. I'm glad you have found spacers very effective for you. I hope it will be for many other in the future too. Just in the spirit of knowledge sharing. Eibach doesn't pay me jack shit to advertise their products:rolleyes:

was thinking more of 12-15 mm
Just for the rear only..
Are yours in the front as well?

may i know should i use a spacer for my ride also ? i'm using a 6port eibach spring wif a 18x8j rims . i feel that my front is slightly higher then the back and its very bouncy .. what spacer should i get ?

m very happy with the 15mm rear eibach spacers that i bought from ess530i.... really can feel the improvement in cornering.. the rear doesnt lose grip anymore... cheap and good mod...

AC525;356472 said:
m very happy with the 15mm rear eibach spacers that i bought from ess530i.... really can feel the improvement in cornering.. the rear doesnt lose grip anymore... cheap and good mod...

was happy that i sold it to an enthusiast like u... the spacers were as good as new. i'm using the same spacers on my rear now and its almost impossible to oversteer during cornering with my 275's. only thing i wish for now are black bolts (the ones which came with the spacers were silver/grey) to match the ones on the front. cant seem to find them...anyone?

yeah really eliminated the oversteer even with my 245s yeah agree with the black bolts....

Top Bottom