theft of e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tinman

Club Guest
guys just spoke to my police friend and found out that in the past 7 days 5 bmw e60 were hijacked . 2in j.b and 3 in klang valley.....bmw malaysia is not helping . no tracking device. in one incident one of the owners was shoot............this is just shocking.......and it is said that the only way they can steal the car is by taking the key.... thus this puts the owner prime target...........pl be exrta carefull e60 owners.

tinman,

Any more info of the steals??? ie, in where or during day time or night time, or the owner being tailed or marked. I thought E60 has the GPS in the car?

Merc is offering i-mob options for their cars. about 4k+...if im not wrong,im sure it can also apply to any other car...its a combination of GSM and satelite interatctive comands and alerts to ur ride,like u'll be triggered via ur mobile whenener ur car is being tampered as fast as 10 second...u also have a panic button to apply where it will activate a two way communication with the call centre...in that way the call centre will be able to listen to ur situation aswell as tracking down ur location through sat nav.on the other hand,u can now gets the alerts to ur phone when ur driver is driving more then he should as u can set a speed limits.lots of other feature,like disabling the car remotely.its also alert ur mobile if ur battery is low..well perhaps this will to recover ur ride more efficiently. ;)

Considering a phone-operated BMW was featured in a James Bond movie, you would have expected this to be a BMW advantage rather than let Merc introducing this service first.

Originally posted by taztc@Jan 12 2006, 07:23 AM
Merc is offering i-mob options for their cars. about 4k+...if im not wrong,im sure it can also apply to any other car...its a combination of GSM and satelite interatctive comands and alerts to ur ride,like u'll be triggered via ur mobile whenener ur car is being tampered as fast as 10 second...
Yea the hijackers will know about this feature too. A buddy who had his new Harrier hijacked was shoved into the backseat and forced to drink something, which made him pass out for 6+ hrs. He woke up, no handphone, no wallet in a jungle somewhere near Genting... By that time the car was far far away...

i am just sick to my stomach...............my family doctor car e60 523i was stolen on friday. happen when he was leaving his clinic at 8pm plus...three guys ambushed him while he was gettin into tje car..pushed him into backseat and drove of at gun point!...they left him stranded in some industrial park near sungai buloh after beatin him and striped him to his under wear...the doctor told me that till today the police have to clue and no arrest have been made."dont worry insurans will pay" thats the mentality of malaysian ...........and the doctor was told that so far very rarely they will recover the car.....i am worried cause my dad drivea a 530d e60.....this could happen to any one of us....i feel we all should make it an issue to the goverment to crack down on this car theft sydicate...if left un check...it will be more rampant....the police told the doctor that e60 on the car theft sydicate ia worth 80000 each carand this cars r exported to indonesia and thailand...then to hong kong and south africa. i believe strongly the police and goverment has ti put a end to this before sdomeone gets KILLED...,,we buy nice cars because we love then wit our hard earn money .... not to let some bastards come and steal them.

i am just sick to my stomach...............my family doctor car e60 523i was stolen on friday. happen when he was leaving his clinic at 8pm plus...three guys ambushed him while he was gettin into tje car..pushed him into backseat and drove of at gun point!...they left him stranded in some industrial park near sungai buloh after beatin him and striped him to his under wear...the doctor told me that till today the police have to clue and no arrest have been made."dont worry insurans will pay" thats the mentality of malaysian ...........and the doctor was told that so far very rarely they will recover the car.....i am worried cause my dad drivea a 530d e60.....this could happen to any one of us....i feel we all should make it an issue to the goverment to crack down on this car theft sydicate...if left un check...it will be more rampant....the police told the doctor that e60 on the car theft sydicate ia worth 80000 each carand this cars r exported to indonesia and thailand...then to hong kong and south africa. i believe strongly the police and goverment has ti put a end to this before sdomeone gets KILLED...,,we buy nice cars because we love then wit our hard earn money .... not to let some bastards come and steal them.

tinman,

Sorry to hear that and it make us more cautious and scared. Where was it taken place? What race committed this crime?

That's the general rule if car is stolen - the insurance will pay for it!

Was even told by some police friends that even if they do recover the vehicle, they'll only call u after they're done with it i.e. strip it of anything valuable/sellable. Of course, when u see the car finally, they'll tell u the culprits did it, found in this condition, bla bla bla...

Yeah it is very frustrating living under such fears. But that's the way it is here in Malaysia. It seems to be getting from bad to worst and it doesn't look like the police and govt is doing much about it other than to tai-chi away responsibliites.

Tinman, do you know which neighbourhood did the robberies occoured in?

johnchen,

happen un ss2 pj...........can we all voice this matter like the goverment to take some action to crack down this car theft sydicate.....this car jacking sitution is very real.....main models r e class,e60,murano and new harrier.......the problem is the custom and everyone is involded....because for them is easy money...pm me and lets all see how we can better protect our cars.

Yikes!! I go there quite often cos' I'm staying in DJ. Scarry!! Will have to be much more careful when going there.

Will PM you my mobile number. Let's stay in touch.

Cheers!

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Jan 19 2006, 01:28 AM
That's the general rule if car is stolen - the insurance will pay for it!

Was even told by some police friends that even if they do recover the vehicle, they'll only call u after they're done with it i.e. strip it of anything valuable/sellable. Of course, when u see the car finally, they'll tell u the culprits did it, found in this condition, bla bla bla...
Wow! If this is true, then God Help The Royal Malaysian POlice force!! WHat has Malaysia become!! :beaten: :cry:

Top Bottom