The Best Tar Remover ???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

planta

Club Guest
Almost everywhere I go now, the roads are being resurfaced. Election thing ??? The problem is... Tars are everywhere on my car. Even though my car is black, the tars are too much, thick and hardened at the bumpers and side skirts. Had to remove it with polish and ended up polishing the whole car yesterday.My rims are worse.. silver color ACS Type IV which looks like a dalmation skin. Can someone share what is the best tar remover and the ones that likely involves less rubbing? I heard there is like a chemical that we can just spray, softens the tar and we can wipe it off.planta

thanks Alex
how good is ambersil...is it less rubbing required?

planta

Strider;296483 said:
I use diesel. cheap and it wouldn't damage your paint

I need to try this... how long does it take to remove an old tar spot with diesel? I presume not instantly, but within a ~minute of rubbing?

Ambersil surely need to rub. but much less. jus wash car, clay the spots, those that can't come off use ambersil, leave and it will bleed the tar off, then just rewash with shampoo with light pressure

just wipe with a cloth soaked with diesel. a few wipe will clean it. after that wash your car as usual. Tar is a petroleum base product

Planta,

I tried using kerosene to remove tar on my car. Just dab a lil on a piece of fine cloth and wipe it off. The kerosene is safe for car paint. Learned this from some kedai mudguard man ages ago. It works very fine.

Just make sure u wash the car thoroughly after using the kerosene.

Regards

Top Bottom