Thailand Dragon Fuel Hunt: KL-Hat Yai-Krabi-Phuket 3D2N for Shell V-Power Diesel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jwah

Club Guest
Update Time: 09/04/2012As we received warning as "Thai Authorities has issued a warning that more attacks is imminent especially around Danok."April shall not be a good time for us, We defer the date till a more comfortable time.4D3N Thailand Dragon Fuel Hunt (Open to any members/Guests/Petrol Cars)General information KL-Alor Setar-Hat Yai-Krabi-Phuket (950km / full tank of Diesel, 3/2 tank of petrol)Style: 4D3N, Free and EasyDetailed: will be updated by recommendation (Thanks to BaddBoyz3 and Morragon input)Itenary Day1 Sat : 7am depart from KL to Alor Star, 2-3 hours rest in between, shall arrive Alor Star by 3pm. Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Alor Setar 4 stars, RM180-190 Day2 Sun : 7am depart from Alor Star to Phuket, shall reach Phuket at 3pm Horizon karon Beach Resort & Spa 4 stars USD64 Baan Laimai Beach Resort 4 stars USD63Day3 Mon : Move around Phuket, check out by 1pm, drive all the way to HatYai for dinner, then Alor Star to Stay.Day4 Tue : Backtwo drivers per car recommended Open Register:1. jwah , 2 pax2. BaddBoyz3 - 2 pax 3. gameover - tentative 4. docrayboy5. VKS 2/3 pax join from Alor SetarFuel – Petrol and Diesel in ThailandMost common petrol station is PTT. Shell and Caltex are available as well.Diesel – “Solar” in Thai. It is Euro 3/4 so it is better quality then Malaysia’s diesel. Try to avoid using Bio Diesel called B5 if you are not sure.Gasoline – Generally they do offer RON91 and RON95. *Malaysia and Singapore car can use RON95 without problem. But it is more expensive. About 40Baht per liter depending on world oil price.Shell V-Power Diesel is an advanced performance fuel designed to help the latest diesel engines continuously deliver more power.Designed to keep your engine in top conditionModern diesel engines use highly precise injection technology to help deliver great driving performance efficiently and with reduced emissions. Over time, deposits can build up in diesel fuel injection systems - reducing engine power. To sustain great performance, it is critical that these extremely precise and sophisticated parts of the engine are kept in top condition.Shell V-Power Diesel, with its unique formulation, is designed to remove and prevent such deposits - enabling diesel engines to continuously deliver an improved driving experience.
bmw320ddrive.png
Drive to Thailand FAQhttp://www.drivetothailand.com/faq/

Copied from prev thread by LeongFS:

"I have done that to Krabi, Koh Samui, Koh Lanta with my 4x4. My experience tell me that 3 days two night is very tough. Its take almost 16 hours from KL to Phuket if you drive straight (2 hours stop in between for rest).

Suggest 1st day drive from KL to Hatyai, say you start from 8am, you will reach Hatyai 3pm. (take into consideration of rest and speed trap along NS highway). You
can reach Hatyai in 4 hours if you Tekan all the way.......................

Overnight at Hatyai, refuel DRAGON FUEL, 2nd day proceed to Phuket , you will reach Phuket around in 6 - 7 hours . (stop for teh tarik and coffee, beer also can)

3rd day move around Phuket, check out by mid day, drive all the way to HATYAI, you should reach Hatyai by 8pm if you Tekan a bit. Spend one more night Or you can choose to go back
to KL. You will reach KL 2 am. (you can speed like mad, mid night no speed trap, but you can't drive fast due to fatigue cause by the long journey.

Just to share with you my experience and if timing is right, I will join you guys.

Leong"

4d3n trip sounds about right, moreover I dont think anyone will complain of the extra night in Phuket as many things to do there :smokin:

I suggest 28th April (Saturday) - 1st May (Labor day Tuesday), need to take only 1 day off which is Monday 30th April

Today headline news about the Hat Yai bombing woh.... Do we need to reconsider/reschedule the first night stay at somewhere else? Alor Star?

Stay in Alor Star? We might choose those 4 stars hotel and stay higher ground...?

I agree on 28th April

Dr Wah, we may b safe on higher floor but our precious rides wont b, if the next bomb go off at the hotel parking lot.. cant imagine lo.. insurance got cover or not...

Safer to avoid spending the night in hatyai, a.star is safer alternative as we only want to rest & prepare for next days journey to krabi/phuket where the 'action' really is ;)

BaddBoyz3;730691 said:
Dr Wah, we may b safe on higher floor but our precious rides wont b, if the next bomb go off at the hotel parking lot.. cant imagine lo.. insurance got cover or not...

Safer to avoid spending the night in hatyai, a.star is safer alternative as we only want to rest & prepare for next days journey to krabi/phuket where the 'action' really is ;)

Updated 4/4/2012

jwah;722249 said:
Update Time: 04/04/2012

4D3N Thailand Dragon Fuel Hunt (Open to any members/Guests/Petrol Cars)
General information

KL-Hat Yai-Krabi-Phuket (950km / full tank of Diesel, 3/2 tank of petrol)

Style: 4D3N, Free and Easy

Detailed: will be updated by recommendation (Thanks to BaddBoyz3 and Morragon input)

Briefly:
Day1 :
-7am depart from KL to Alor Star, 2-3 hours rest in between, shall arrive Alor Star by 3pm.
-Options (a. Park and Stay in Alor Star for one night, b. Proceed to Hat Yai for foods and fuel then back to AS to rest.)

Day2 : 7am depart from Alor Star to Phuket, shall reach Phuket at 3pm
Day3 : Move around Phuket, check out by 1pm, drive all the way to HatYai for dinner, then Alor Star to Stay.
Day4 : Back

two drivers per car recommended

28th April Sat - 1st May Holiday Tue

Register:

1. jwah , 2 pax
2. BaddBoyz3 - 2 pax
3. gameover - tentative
4. docrayboy
5. namibud
6. muhaiminrahim

Personally havnt driven cross our northern border but from fact finding mission from friends who have done it, we need to bring along a photocopy of geran and buy insurance after the border. Cost is RM15 + RM1 for them to fill up the entry forms. After getting passport chopped, they will print out and you need to sign the forms and make sure you keep a copy as u need to pass back when u leave. We may be here for about 1 hour depends on amount of traffic going in on that day.

Added other tentative members and hope to get more feedback.. jgn marah aa..:vroam:

jwah;730706 said:
Updated 4/4/2012

When is the drive? 2 nights at Phuket is worth the travel...the current schedule looks bit tight..
28 Apr - 1 May might suits me :smokin:

muhaiminrahim;729280 said:
interested but yet to apply passport for my sons laa:4:

passport siap in 2 hours oni nowadays bro. interesting drive.
the date is fixed or is it still tentative?

VKS;730726 said:
When is the drive? 2 nights at Phuket is worth the travel...the current schedule looks bit tight..
28 Apr - 1 May might suits me :smokin:

Yes, it is 28 Apr to 1 May, make sure you have two drivers

Bro Badboyz3, No of course, just make it happen

Bro Badboyz3, Shall we call it Fix on 28th April to 1st of May, because we cannot find a better one?

Better to get the extended insurance coverage done (for the car usage in Thailand) earlier as it might take time.

Suggest on the way back rather then staying at Alor Star we stay a night at Haatyai as i can see the all the prices has drop to gain back the customers...i see novotel central room going for RM174 only now

jwah;730849 said:
VKS, are you coming?

1. jwah , 2 pax
2. BaddBoyz3 - 2 pax
3. gameover - tentative
4. docrayboy
5. namibud
6. muhaiminrahim
7. VKS - 2/3 pax joining from Alor Star on the 2nd day and staying back at Haatyai on the way back.

Im a petrolhead so hope its fine for you guys..:burnout:

They worry about the booming, not because ourselves, but the precious car being boomed...:D

Top Bottom