temperature + -..?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jsen

Club Guest
hi guys,my temperature was playing a fool on me today. it went up n down, especially when im climbin uphill n stationery. it works fine when the car is moving but NOT AT HIGH REV. gotta maintain below 3500rpm.. any recommendation for good mech in ipoh?1. thought water level low--> i topped up alredy, the hot water even kena my body. :beaten: 2. water pump--> no leakage-> fine3. thermostat--> ??? -> fine..4. fan--> workin fine, i've checked-> fine5. temperature gauge--> haywire-> fine6. coolant--> none. got splashed out when i opne the cap, even got scalding around my stomach. damn... all also workin good, wat the heck is the prob wor.. :cry: any ideas guys..? thks :cry: ...

my father old merc got the similar problem, initially check the fan no problem, but at the end is the fan problem..... the fan sometime works sometime don't works......

Hi jsen,

U may want to try contact Ah Kuan (M Power Car Service)
at Jln K.Kangsar.Ipoh.

His contact no. is 012-5287616

guys, e36 325 need how many bottle of coolants?

hopefully, it can resolves wiht the coolant.. this thing is freaking me out..!

check and see if your fan is working okay.
Easiest way - get someone to switch off the engine while you watch the engine. The fan should stop immediately when the engine stops. If it doesn't, the fan clutch needs replacement.

another way to check: roll a bunch of newspapers like a mini-baseball bat. Try and block the fan fins with the newspaper. If the fan stops immediately when the newspaper roll touches the fan, the clutch fan is weak.

One more thing to check: air in coolant. Make sure you bleed all bubbles out from the bleeder valve. Check and see if the bleeder valve o-ring is okay. Might want to change this as well.

affan, thks man..

i'll do it now...

btw, anyone know any good mech for overheatin(RADIATOR) in KLAng Valley,?

need it urgently.. THKS.

thks.

Look like the culprit is fan clutch, you might want to have it replaced, When was the last time you have it replaced?
The fan clutch dont last forever?..
Good Luck.

Air bubble trapped in the system may also affect the running of the cooling system.

Like affan said, don't forget to bleed it after u topped it up.

While you are at it, don't forget to check the famous e36 impeller water pump. The original was made of plastic, and tends to break after some time, leaving fan blades all over the radiator, etc. Quite a me$$ to clean up.

yup about the bleed screw... was wwatchin them doin it..

2nd day running. pray pray nothing happened..!

thsk guys for the infos...

thks thks.. have a nice day..

cheers

Top Bottom