Temperature Meter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

WGT523

Club Guest
I notice lately the temperature meter on my e39 1999 is raising up from mid point by 1 bar occasionally. Can any sifu here advise what is the possible thing for me to look for ?

i have this problem also especially when the car is not moving and the engine is running. the bar go slightly above mid point..is there anything to worry about?

I will be very worry when temp bar go slightly above mid point. Possible problems are water pump, thermostat, radiator (leak). Better send your car to workshop fast to rectify it before anything serious happened.

transporter;473200 said:
i have this problem also especially when the car is not moving and the engine is running. the bar go slightly above mid point..is there anything to worry about?

U bought your car?

WGT523;472439 said:
I notice lately the temperature meter on my e39 1999 is raising up from mid point by 1 bar occasionally. Can any sifu here advise what is the possible thing for me to look for ?

Normal running temperature is about the mid-point or just slightly below. It should be consistent without much "drama" even in traffic jams or under cold weather conditions eg. heavy rain or early morning in Genting Highlands. Otherwise, check if your fan is running OK.

Dear all,

Update for benefit of other. Change the thermostate.... done.

Since on services, I change Fuel Filter and ATF oil and filter. Mine car clocking at 165k km. From the mechanic, everything is untouch before. Finger cross the gear box don't kaput on me after changing the AFT oil. All the information really make me go ga-ga.

Cheers

Electric Fan speed not working working or Clutch Fan fail.

to test the clutch fan start engine use a newspaper and place it at the fan propeller and see is it stops easyly while the engine is running.

Electric Fan Ori RM1150 approximitely
Clutch Fan Ori about RM 300 or less...

But when the engine is cold (morning start), you should be able to stop the fan gradually using your fingers. I tried mine the other day....the fan will be spinning at low speed and you can put 1 finger at the end part of blade to slow it down to a stop. Then when you release the finger, it picks up speed to where it was before.

THat's when it's cold

I won't try to find out if it can be stopped when the engine is running hot. unless of course use newspaper lor...

Top Bottom