Taiwan power window bracket. Anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
The driver side original power window bracket cost RM880. The Taiwan made one only RM220. A big different among them two.

Anyone has experience with the Taiwan made power window bracket?

I found out my barcket cable is broken and plan to DIY.

Can we send the bracket to replace the cable only?

not recommended. i did use it once, after a few weeks the window couldn't close fully, had to push it up manually. I never got it fixed as i sold my car off a few months later.

bmw7833 said:
The driver side original power window bracket cost RM880. The Taiwan made one only RM220. A big different among them two.

Anyone has experience with the Taiwan made power window bracket?

I found out my barcket cable is broken and plan to DIY.

Can we send the bracket to replace the cable only?
bro...banyak feedback saying the taiwan made ones are no good in the long run.lasts only 1 or 2 years.
cable replacement also i have not read from anywhere on people who have done that.

i would go for a used assembly from the chop shops....

Mine one is PFL batch. A used set is more than 15 years de. Safe to buy one? Takut the cable sudah tak boleh tahan.

Taiwan not advisable. Poor precision in brackets and mechanism. Mine broke after 3 months. Cable can last but the plastic stoppers and pulleys will give way.

i already use for 2 year. no problem at all. some more i fix it myself.

Just replaced the Taiwan bracket last weekend. Not as easy as what we see in Youtube for first timer like me. The most challenge part is how to fit in the original motor to the Taiwan bracket as the gear is a bit different. Have to force a bit.

For the price RM180 only, i am satisfied anyway.

BMW7833,

wish you goodluck on your taiwan bracket. mine just gone last weekend. now thinking to get a new original bracket. i dont have confidence with the used original.

sewell said:
BMW7833,

wish you goodluck on your taiwan bracket. mine just gone last weekend. now thinking to get a new original bracket. i dont have confidence with the used original.
Wah lao..I bought the Taiwan bracket just because u said yours can last for 2 years..=.=

bmw7833 said:
Wah lao..I bought the Taiwan bracket just because u said yours can last for 2 years..=.=
bro,

after i type to you then 2 days later the power window stuck. seriously, only can last for 2 years.

Use a lot of grease lar for trouble free operation.

For cable can use bicycle brake lar. been there done that.

sewell said:
Jarance,

Is the rubber that causes the power window to stuck!
Yes, one of the root cause is the rubber grip the window pane due to long time never use.
Spray silicon grease on the glass pane to prevent this problem and also excercise the window once in a while.

Top Bottom