Suspension System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

primus2211

Club Guest
Hi Folks,We're looking at launching a reasonably priced old/new brand of German made suspension into the market. Would it be possible to roughly get an idea on the kind of suspension system that some of you guys are running on? :DPlease and thank you!

BMW M Sport - Stock Standard... enough for me for the time being...

selespeed, how do u find terra lowered springs? I find it harsh la when i install it in my Bilstein yellow, E30 btw.

chriseunos;219065 said:
selespeed, how do u find terra lowered springs? I find it harsh la when i install it in my Bilstein yellow, E30 btw.

yes harsh with koni yellow front adjusted to the maximum hardness because it's no longer firm after 1.75 years. the springs were there when i bought the car.

i paid $500 koni yellow for a set of 4. how much is the front 2 bilstein yellow? i can't get these in singapore.

i was lucky as it is the last set in Calvin Tan's shop, i bought the front at RM1200...not sure the price ok or not.

anybody lowered e60? having impression h&r less stiffer compared to eibach..plus drops lower, it it true?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Would look into more details on this and announce once we finalize on the contract with the manufacturer. Thanks!

looking for 2nd hand lowered spring for my e30 m40. but not too low. scared of oil pan. anybody got it?

Regret after modifying bmw original specs

primus2211;218596 said:
Hi Folks,

We're looking at launching a reasonably priced old/new brand of German made suspension into the market. Would it be possible to roughly get an idea on the kind of suspension system that some of you guys are running on? :D

Please and thank you!

Hi

Azmi here.

I replaced my original SACH suspension with Bilstein sports package and ever since I was plagued with my car scrapping bumps and bottoming on some potholes with a loud metal thud.

The pros is cornering is slightly improved and so is the stability. Maybe it's psychological...I don't know. My wife said there was no improvements except the ride has gotten bumpy.
The cons are having to slow down drastically at every yellow bumps (nightmare starts when the bumps are not yellow marked or washed out) and even small potholes.

I tried adjusting the height slightly, changing tires, tire pressure and swapping springs. ALL IS A WASTE OF TIME. VERY VERY COSTLY AND TIME WASTING. For me anyway.:cool:

I finally took my ever tolerant wife's advice and went back to using the original bmw specs SACH :rolleyes: suspension .
It cost big money again but the car felt great, had no scrapping problems and comfortable for the whole family.

Top Bottom