Superbike Ban?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Vellupan Sam is talking through his arsehole - as usual! Next thing he is going to say is all those wearing wigs/hairpiecesor false hair can use wheelchairs on the expressways.

INNOVATOR;253269 said:
Vellupan Sam is talking through his arsehole - as usual! Next thing he is going to say is all those wearing wigs/hairpiecesor false hair can use wheelchairs on the expressways.

ya lorrr...this is another one from million of idiot idea coming fm mr. samy "toll" vellu!!!!:stupido: :stupido:

python_dev;253299 said:
Ban all of the bikes, will cut down on traffic jams on freeways.

Not forgetting, less replacements for side mirrors, dents and scratches.

python_dev;253299 said:
Ban all of the bikes, will cut down on traffic jams on freeways.

and let them become 'mat rempits' to terrorize the town folks.

It has always been the Law,No bikes on the Highway(just like lorries n buses not allowed to be on the fast lane)that's why they built the bike lane next to Federal Highway.Highways are fast n straight,very dangerous for bikers,they are smaller compare to cars so harder to see them especially when they weave in n out.Im sure u guys know what im trying to say.Cheers

Rarely, do superbikes knock wing mirrors, cause dents to our cars or have accidents. Its the Small bikes. Have you seen the bike lanes? Take a look at the on the Federal Highway, for instance. They have very narrow lanes, poor lighting especially the tunnels and are very poorly maintained. To cap it all, if a guy has a flat; he will stop at a corner(blindspot) to have it fixed, not taking it off the road.

I am not a biker. I am shit scared of bikes, having been knocked down three times, as an innocent bystander on the roadside. I am trying to give an unbiased fair perspective. My BMW(in fact most of my cars) have dents, scratches, etc. from bikes. Not from big bikes.

On the contrary, superbikes should be allowed on highways and ban the smaller cc bikes. Any bike below 250cc should be banned on inter state highways, its dangerous to both biker and other road users. They are too slow. Highways have speed limit, they should also impose minimum required speed (MRS)

I rode an 1100cc Kawa in my younger days and riding on those bike lanes along the hwys scared me shitless!!! Potholes all over the place were really dangerous.
I'd always jump on the main highway whenever i could anyway..

bmrocket;253354 said:
I rode an 1100cc Kawa in my younger days and riding on those bike lanes along the hwys scared me shitless!!! Potholes all over the place were really dangerous.
I'd always jump on the main highway whenever i could anyway..

Bike lanes were constructed along the Fed H/way cause being a commuter highway, it was already too congested with cars and trucks and yes, it would be dangerous for bikes to be on this highway.

Unfortunately, the authorities didnt manage the bike lanes well and it was as hazardous too. Poorly lit, over grown branches, leaves, rubbish, pot holes, tunnels that flood etc...were all deadly obstacles for bikers...oh, and not forgetting the fact that cops like to hide at some dimly lit sharp bend to 'spring' on you.
I strongly believe smaller cc bikes should be banned from main h'ways, ie, NKVE, North South, Karak etc...

Just last week saw an accident involving a motorcyclist and a MPV on Federal Highway near Shah Alam exit towards Klang.
The rider was killed on the spot!

okow;253366 said:
I strongly believe smaller cc bikes should be banned from main h'ways, ie, NKVE, North South, Karak etc...

Bro, than means putting them on the trunk roads and we know what that will do for the death rate satistics.:eek:

I've always seen them sticking to the emergency lane without disturbing anyone.

Let me add to this.

I have been riding big bikes for the past decade. Both here and overseas.

To ban big bikes on highways is real dumb, and its obvious Velu hasn't gone into a proper study of this proposal.

On the highway. When have you seen a slower bike riding on the overtaking lane. Those scooters/kap chai are always on the shoulder. On the N-S highway, they are rarely on it, why? cause those bikes are not designed to commute long distances. Their fuel tanks and engines are not designed for it.

So lets talk about big bikes. Yes, we do speed. But we're not reckless (most of us anyway). We go fast, so? Fellow bikers will agree with me on this. A big bike doing 160km/h on the highway is so much more stable than a car doing 110km/h. We take only a small section of the road. If the driver of the cars that we need to pass do not do anything stupid (some actually try to swerve into our lanes to block us), we will pass on the other lane. There actually is a lot of self taught skill that comes with ride fast big bikes. Its for our self preservation. We look much further ahead, to better access the situation and road condition.

The satistics of car crashes vs big bike crashes on the highways, i think if Velu actually looked at them, cars would be the ones being banned. There are alot more crap car drivers than crap bike riders around for sure. Do not agree with me? Just go to any carpark, even at low speeds, you get drivers that cannot even control their car to park it in a designated rectangle.

I second you Daniel, I also enjoy my bike and we appreciate our experience on our bike. We will speed to the speedlimit only and hardly use the highway.

Anyway, there more car accident or even bus accident compare to big bikes.. So sad, small bike 150cc with big bike body ie TZM are mistaken as BIG BIKE.. or Jaguh mistaken as Shadow ahahaaha

Ya ya.. Daniel as my bike is in Kuching ... mana ada highway for speeding? hahaa by the way I enjoy the 0-110km spring!

Ai yam telling you la dei. Dey were going damn blaardy fast la. Zooom! Just lie dat da dei! Of course ai yam yangry la. How can dey be faster than me isnit? Ban. Correct, correct, correct. I said BAN! Ha! Yes! Correct, correct, correct, correct, correct.

Hot on the heels of his announcement of a New Year gift for all Malaysians in the form of a 10% hike in toll charges, Samy Velu has again almost arbitrarily pontificated that he wants to ban all super-bikes from Malaysian expressways. Why? It seems that a bunch of these bikers had the audacity to pass Samy's limo at speeds of up to 170 kph. Or so he claims la. That really pissed him off and the next day he made the announcement.

BAN THE FUCKERS...errr...I mean BIKERS!!!

Of course there were the usual GASP's! HOW CAN's?!!! Etc. la. But the god...err... I mean godfather of the Works ministry is adamant. Ban!

But I think Samy should be a little more realistic la. If he took the trouble to speak to his cabinet colleague, the baarger in charge of transport, and the police inspector-general fler he would know that Malaysian roads are in a total state of anarchy and have been for years already.

Samy, should know that these days nobody obeys traffic laws anymore. Just take a look, Sam.

The left lanes of major highways are used as parking lots.
Speed limit signs are for decoration only.
Stop at a red light ah? Waffor? Waste time only.
Indicate lane change ah? Don't want la. Waste battery la.
Lane discipline? Errrr...what's that ah?
Eh! Look there's a traffic policeman at the junction. So what la? The baarger don't care one la...

So Samy, save yourself some grief la. Let the baargers...I mean bikers ride at whatever speed they want. And maybe they might even be of some help since it is the first of our annual culling seasons coming up, Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Who knows how many more they can help to kill.

Niamah!!!

With an administration...

that can't even control traffic...
that allegedly allows the 'fixing' of the judiciary...
whose leader is somnambulistic...
that allows the wastage of public funds to the tune of billions and continues to do so manufacturing cardboard heroes on mountain tops and outer space...
which is not transparent or accountable to anyone but themselves...

...you still haven't registered to VOTE??? (there were 5 million of you at last count)

I hope you have a good emigration plan in place.

Niamah!!!
I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!" So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
(Howard Beale in NETWORK )

Posted by patrickteoh at 1:28 PM

sam213x51_grey.jpg

About Me

Patrick Teoh

Top Bottom